Hello, folks.

I've been trying to update softwares thru DM application update.

Halfway of the progress a error report comes out. (like following shows)

Has any of you met with this situation before?

I'm using a mac and hope someone can help me out of this.

Thanks.
    06-07-11 04:49 PM
    Is the halfway process, while your phone is restarting or during the update on DM? This happened to me (while my phone was restarting) yesterday, while trying to update software on my other BB (9700). It gave me the "Desktop Manager Update Failed". (I'm on a Mac, as well.) I hit OK and disconnected the device, but then on the phone the progress bar suddenly continued restarting (i.e moving), and finally played the instruction video for OS 6. So, it actually didn't fail and loaded the software just fine onto the device. Perhaps it didn't fail and is loaded? Did you check "About Device" to see what you are running? If not, maybe someone else can help. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by girlontherun; 06-07-11 at 08:14 PM.
    06-07-11 08:09 PM
    Is the halfway process, while your phone is restarting or during the update on DM? This happened to me (while my phone was restarting) yesterday, while trying to update software on my other BB (9700). It gave me the "Desktop Manager Update Failed". (I'm on a Mac, as well.) I hit OK and disconnected the device, but then on the phone the progress bar suddenly continued restarting (i.e moving), and finally played the instruction video for OS 6. So, it actually didn't fail and loaded the software just fine onto the device. Perhaps it didn't fail and is loaded? Did you check "About Device" to see what you are running? If not, maybe someone else can help. Good luck.

I have a BB Torch. It happens during the update (after I checked the softwares I need and hit the continue button), not when restarting. It contains "runtime" in the error name. Is it possible that the problem is about network?

Besides, I've restart mac after installed desk manager.

Thanks for your answer!
    06-08-11 12:02 AM
    Did it say that there was a problem with your network connection? Also, are you running the newest or current version of DM for Mac?

06-08-11 12:38 AM
    Did it say that there was a problem with your network connection? Also, are you running the newest or current version of DM for Mac?

I download the BB DM this afternoon, guess it's the latest version. It said exactly like the image shows.
    06-08-11 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD