I'm not sure what to make of this. My mom has a Torch and uses DM 6.0 I believe it is. All had been fine, auto sync/backup when she plugs in and starts up DM.

Suddenly, calendar entries she adds on the Torch aren't going in to outlook (office 2007, non enterprise). I checked all the settings and it's sent to sync items, and all of them, not just a certain time period, nothing changed from when this was working. When the sync runs, it shows that it's syncing 133 calendar items, but it doesn't appear to be. I checked the size of the PST file on the laptop, not too big... I'm at a loss.

Are there log files somewhere that show event by event? I found a few log files but they just told me DM was running, etc etc. but not actually WHAT is was copying.

She's on .246 on the Torch. Not a power user so I haven't bothered to upgrade her's like I did mine and like I said, all had been running fine.

I did NOT test if I put something new in outlook, does it come to the Torch and probably should have but I had to get home. I did try setting it for the device to overwrite outlook and that did nothing.

thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    05-04-11 07:45 PM
    Just had my mom put something in outlook and then sync. She did it two different times on two different days and both times the appointment showed up on the Torch as expected.
    05-04-11 08:01 PM
    So the entries are going from Outlook to device but not from the device to Outlook? Is that correct? If so sounds like the service books(default services) are a little mixed up. A quick way to check would be to check both a working entry and a non working entry. First open the working entry, scroll way to the top where it says "Send using", take note of the email address, then open a non working entry and do the same thing. Do each of these email address match?

Please let us know.
    05-04-11 08:04 PM
    That's correct. Outlook -> Torch = ok. Torch -> Outlook = not ok

At this point since nothing new on the Torch is going to outlook, I'm not sure if I have any "working" entries because all the stuff that worked before is old. I did actually hit the "send using" drop down to verify that it was only one email address (which is all she has and all that's set up on the device) and it's the correct one.

I don't know much about service books but I know on my Torch running NotifySync I've had to mess with the CICAL books (delete them) but I didn't want to mess with that on her's since I didn't know what it did.
    05-04-11 08:07 PM
    Did you take note of the Working entries. If so, what I would do is to go in your service books, Options, Device, Advanced Options, Service Books, and delete any file with CICAL other than the working entry. Once this is done escape 1 screen and go into the Degfault Services. make sure that Calender is set to the working email address.

Once this is done, head into the calender. Press the BlackBerry Menu key and select Options. Once here you will probably see 2 calenders at a minimum. Default and the working calender. Type MOVE, you will not see any letters but if it is typed correctly you will be presented with a message asking if you want to move all entries from Base calender to blah blah blah. As long as it says to move them to the email address, your good. Select YES, exit all the way out and head back into the calender. Press Menu and go back to options. You should now have just the 1 calender listed again.

Try syncing again.

PS. Don't be scared to delete the service books, they can all be resent if needed.
    05-04-11 08:18 PM
    But if she only has one email address on the phone wouldn't that mean only one CICAL entry?
    05-04-11 08:25 PM
    Does she have Facebook installed? What CICAL files you see listed. If there is indeed just the 1 then it may be a different issue syncing. And what entries do you see when in the options for Calender?
    05-04-11 08:39 PM
    I'm back at my house now so I will have to check on this tomorrow because if I have her start walking through various things without me being there, this might turn into a bigger mess if you know what I mean.

I think Facebook was part of the default install but she doesn't use it. In fact, I think I hid it when I set up the phone so she didn't accidentally click on it.

I will post back tomorrow with my findings. Appreciate your time!
    05-04-11 08:49 PM
    Cool. Yeah, if FB is installed it will also setup a calender as well. I will be here no doubt, or at least close enough.
    05-04-11 08:53 PM
    Justdial Events in Stamford, CT - Find Theater Details, Local Show Timings. Call 1-800-500-0000 for Venue listings.
    05-05-11 12:42 AM
    Ok I was finally able to get her phone and there's only one CICAL and it's the only address she has set up on the phone. I suspect there's not one for FB because if I remember it's just a pointer in the basic install and doesn't put in the full software until you DL it which she never has.
    05-06-11 11:51 AM
    I looked in her calendar and she had default and her regular address so I did the move thing and now just see one (which the appointments were already on except 2) went out, went back in, see just her regular email address now but no go on the sync....

I noticed on my torch, it's "default" as the account in the calendar and that's it...
    Last edited by watson524; 05-06-11 at 12:33 PM.
    05-06-11 12:30 PM
    I fixed it... I can't say as I know how the heck it happened but.... when I saw that I had "default" and she had the address, I thought ok this is weird. So I deleted the CICAL address book on her specific address (only CICAL she had) and that changed everything in her calendar to blue which is "default" and now in calendar under options, accounts it's just "default". Did a sync and suddenly everything showed up in outlook.

then tested adding a new item to the calendar on the torch, sync, it shows up in outlook. added one in outlook, sync, it shows up on the torch.

now i don't have any CICAL service books at all on the device... does that matter? i don't know what those really do.
    05-06-11 12:53 PM
    It will matter somewhat. I would resend the service books and make sure that that the correct email calender is showing in the application options.

That was a calender left over from something else, what, I don't know. You did not need to remove the CICAL files if there was only 1. Just the MOVE command would have sufficed. But either way, glad that it is now resolved at least for now.
    05-06-11 01:10 PM
    that's the kicker. I did the move first and that didn't work. Though maybe the move should have been from address to "default" since it seemed to like that better.

How do you resend the service books? The calendar seems to not like when there's an address there but prefer "default" apparently as once I got it that way, everything came into outlook with no issues.
    05-06-11 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD