How do I set my 9800 torch to provide a text/SMS message delivery notice? Cannot find anything that is helpfull. Updated OS to 6.0.o.526
    06-16-11 09:25 AM
    Ya me to, and can it be done on os5?
    06-16-11 10:16 AM
    The simplest way is to not use SMS in the first place. If your texting another BB user then use BBM. Message status is one of the things about BBM that has made it so popular. If you're texting someone on an Android or iPhone then use something like PingChat.
    06-16-11 11:04 AM
    with at&t i dont think they allow you to. there was a post i saw where if you take your sim out and turn your phone back on, then you could go into txt option and select delivery report, which i did try and i was successful upto this part. re-entered my service number then restarted my phone with sim inserted.. no hope though. The guy said it worked for him but didnt work for me. you can at least try.
    06-16-11 08:40 PM
    How do I set my 9800 torch to provide a text/SMS message delivery notice? Cannot find anything that is helpfull. Updated OS to 6.0.o.526
    In help it shows how to set it BUT the option isn't there, it can't be att as my 8900 had the ability to set it. Says go to the txt folder>bb button>options>toward the bottom check deliver confirmation...but its NOT there!!! Ugh so frustrating!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 11:36 PM
    Try starting the text with an exclamation mark such as:

!please send a delivery receipt

I believe this is supposed to be a "universal" GSM code to request a delivery receipt. I use it on Rogers and it works great on Rogers to Rogers texts, but only intermittently on Rogers to other carriers.

I find it useful to help determine when someone is available. Send them a text starting with an exclamation mark, and when they turn their phone on and it is delivered, you get a message. I use it all the time when a colleague is traveling by air to know when they've arrived and I might be able to reach them.

This is a GSM feature and is device/OS independent but requires the carrier to have implemented the code.
    07-20-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD