Hello guys,

Last night I updated to the new OS for ze torch. I'm normally an OS X user, but did the upgrade on a windows machine.

Now I noticed that my entire calendar is duplicated- all under a new calendar- "BB Groups" which i never created.

I normally sync my calendar with DM for mac, and it syncs to my iCal

I tried to hit the option to replace entire calendar with data from the computer and that didn't get rid of it (I did a soft and hard reset afterward to make sure).

I quickly logged on to the windows machine in which I did the upgrade and couldnt find an option to delete a certain calendar. I understand the windows version of DM is a bit more robust than the mac one.

Any one have any suggestions? I read on an older thread about someone having trouble deleting the facebook calendar, and involved deleting its CICAL [sic?] under the service books. I could not locate such a thing for this mysterious BB groups calendar.

Any tips would be much appreciated! I'd really hate to sit here deleting each thing individually... bleeeh.

On a side note to mac users: have you been able to separate different calendars from iCal to different calendars on your bb torch? When I initially synced my calendar when I got my phone, it mashed up all my calendars and threw them as a gmail calendar (i have a gmail account set up on the phone, but have never used google calendars). I tried perilously to figure out but eventually gave up. Any ideas?
    11-10-10 06:45 PM
    Been there done that! Do a security wipe, send service books, sync and BBM restoration. Do those steps in that order and you'll be back up and running in about 30 minutes. Install your 3rd party apps from scratch after that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 07:37 PM
    Been there done that! Do a security wipe, send service books, sync and BBM restoration. Do those steps in that order and you'll be back up and running in about 30 minutes. Install your 3rd party apps from scratch after that...

eeew.... That's the last thing I wanted to hear.
    But what do you mean by BBM restoration? Are the contacts not restored by doing this?
    11-10-10 09:02 PM
    I would try deleting all the entries in the calendar you don't want with dm and then set the one you use as default. The empty one shouldn't bother you after that. Seems worth a try as its much less work.

11-10-10 09:19 PM
    I would try deleting all the entries in the calendar you don't want with dm and then set the one you use as default. The empty one shouldn't bother you after that. Seems worth a try as its much less work.

Not sure how to accomplish this via DM. looked on both mac and pc versions of DM and the only option was to two-way sync (on mac) and I apparently dont have compatible software to sync calendars on PC (it makes me 'configure device' first, and the only thing I can pick is ASCII [something] and Yahoo)

I deleted the calendar items manually, but I actually want to have my separate calendars on my device. Is there no way to do this? I prefer to be able to do it on the mac since my pc is lacking in software and my calendars and all my work is done on mac. Is there a way to delete all my calendar items and then replace them? Why does DM (mac) ask me which calendars i want to sync but mash them all together as a "BB group" calendar on my device? Auuughghghghgh I feel RIM needs a big overhaul of their device management thru the computer. Right then, rant aside... is there a way to achieve what I need?
    11-10-10 11:12 PM
    I have been down this road several times and have found only one way out. For some reason that I cannot explain other than to say it is a bad bug where no matter what is datafilled in CICAL, the DM will either show the calendar as "not installed" or only sync to the BBM group calendar.

BBM restoration is either done remotely or from a local backup as far as contacts are concerned. Both are done from within the app options of BBM.

11-11-10 02:54 AM
    It's very simple to do this in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Connect the BlackBerry to the computer with the USB cord.
    Open Desktop Manager.
    Click Backup/Restores.
    Click Advanced.
    When the items load in the right window, highlight the calendar and click Clear.
    11-11-10 06:34 AM
    ^ thanks a lot!
    11-11-10 06:39 AM
    Ya BUT if when you sync again and the calendar goes "not installed" or populates the default or BBM group calendar, the solution above is correct AND the only thing that works short of reloading the OS.

11-11-10 06:43 AM
    Ya BUT if when you sync again and the calendar goes "not installed" or populates the default or BBM group calendar, the solution above is correct AND the only thing that works short of reloading the OS.

So are you saying that if I do what your originally suggested (complete wipe + restore) I should be able to have my individual calendars show up on the phone as such and not mashed together into a single calendar?
    I really appreciate your advice.

I did the clear calendar thing thru DM and that got rid of the duplicate calendars, but as you said, when I re-synced the calendars got mashed together into the BB groups calendar again.
    11-11-10 09:42 AM
    I have had the same issue, and unfortunately have not been able to solve it. I've now permanently switched to a windows machine (). I have multiple address books on my Torch, and only a small number of the entries actually made it into Outlook (I'm now on a BES, moved from BIS).

I'm about ready to manually go in and copy all the missing entries into outlook and delete the duplicates on my device.
    11-11-10 10:24 AM
    just did the wipe.
    we'll see how things go.

Slalom, id imagine that a wipe would perhaps help you out
    11-11-10 11:35 AM
    Did the security wipe. and re-synced calendar. now instead of it going to the BB groups calendar it merged all the calendars into Default.

WTF.............. :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Update: Called rogers about this and the rep says the phone cant pick up multiple calendars.... what a load of BS. then he changed his story to say that mac's can't send multiple calendars to the blackberry.... then why does it even give me an option to choose which calendars to sync..... Im ready to throw the torch out the window and go back to iphone. calendars and email are the only reason i have a smartphone. I have a feeling that rep knows less about technology than i do. but i dont even have outlook on windows... how the **** am i supposed to sync my calendars?
    Last edited by ddenn; 11-11-10 at 12:25 PM.
    11-11-10 11:41 AM
    Did you send service books? Sounds like you did the steps out of order. After services books there should be no default calendar.

I don't know about using a mac, but certainly there should not be a default calendar. When you send service books it should be named after your email accounts (1 per). Under default settings ensure the one you want is selected and saved. Until we get this sorted out. Let's get only 1 email and calendar working...

Last edited by shansmi; 11-11-10 at 01:24 PM.
    11-11-10 01:19 PM
    Well immediately after the wipe and turning it on, Rogers had automatically sent the books.

After some more digging, I found this thread on the blackberry support forums.
    seems im SOL. I'm currently acquiring microsoft office to get outlook and retrying then. Sigh..
    11-11-10 02:21 PM
    I have not read that thread but you can send service books manually. I recommend doing so. You say they happen automatically on Rogers. So you have an email account configured automatically on first boot? If not this is why it is failing. Not all service books get sent on first boot in general...

The calendars are tied to email accounts, facebook and BBM groups. I recommend getting email working first (email, contact and calendar organizer data) before messing with fb and bbm. Do this for the account you wish to use as a primary.

11-11-10 02:35 PM
    Oh basically the the blackberry tech guy person said that syncing with mac will automatically merge multiple calendars into one. It's a really short thread if you want to see exactly what s/he said.

I'll try your method again in case you're on to something, when I have time/more energy.

Thanks for all your help, though!
    11-11-10 02:44 PM
    No problem. I don't use a mac but I have fought this calendar issue ( the one I describe) which seems very close to yours since the 9700 and my first adventures with BBM groups. I know we can get one account working and then bring other apps online.

11-11-10 02:50 PM
    You also might try this. I am going to the next time...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/sy...62/index5.html

11-12-10 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD