i just updated my OS im hoping it will maybe fix the issue ..
    but i was having issues the phone was doing weird things like when i was using bluetooth... it would drop the bluetooth connection or just completely lock up

also just yesterday i was going to answer a call hit the talk button and it shut off instead of answering the call and then would not power back on... i had to remove the battery

now im just wondering i was using an otterbox case for it... the latex cover that goes on the back before the plastic piece doesnt seem like it vents very well is it possible that it may be overheating and hence the problems... and i should maybe jus invest in a better case for it... i was thinkin of switchin to maybe a holster case i had one of those for my pearl before i got my torch and it was great...

any thoughts suggestions.. or possible resolves to my issues thanks
    08-13-11 10:12 PM
    Sounds like an OS issue. What OS are you running?

Press the shift, alt, and h button together, and see what do you have listed under app name.
    08-13-11 11:38 PM
    Also some reports of the otterbox case pressing in buttons slightly and causing problems. I would make sure your case is on or try it for a while at home without the case. I switched to a Seidio case due to the top button design on that case from otter.
    08-13-11 11:48 PM
    Also some reports of the otterbox case pressing in buttons slightly and causing problems. I would make sure your case is on or try it for a while at home without the case. I switched to a Seidio case due to the top button design on that case from otter.
    +1

Was just going to post the same thing. There have been widespread postings about issues with the torch doing random things when they have an Otterbox case installed. Take the case off and all is fine again.
    My guess is that would be your issue also since some of the posts refer to the same issue your facing.
    08-14-11 04:13 AM
    When using my otterbox I never had a problem with the buttons being pressed, however I have had overheating problems in juneish (was about 45 degrees here with the humidity) and had to take the case off.

The most noteable problems were freezing, a lot of the spinning clock etc. I still use the otterbox case though because its the only case with a rubber sleeve that keeps dirt out of the headphone and charging jacks.

Overall, I found the otterbox case to be cheap, easily broken, big and heavy. If I could find a case that had a rubber sleeve without the lack of quality, I would change right away.

I know this wasn't an "is my case good" thread, but I thought you might like some insight on reasons to keep it (or not), now that summer is winding down and any issues caused by heat may be winding down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:23 AM
    yes all the insight...i got my OS up to date.. took the case.. off.. had it off for a few days now.... and it seems to b working ok... and to the above post ... that was the same reason i went with the otterbox in the first place..... i think i may jus go with the holster belt clip case... and maybe in the winter time.. ill go back to using the otterbox.. till i see another type of case that protects the jack and charging port... thanks for all the feedback guys
    08-14-11 08:20 AM
    its been a week or so since i posted this and took the otterbox case off.. i went a bought one of those side belt clip holster cases... and it has not done any weird ****.. and seems to b working a lil bit faster so i beleive it was over heating... but again thanks for all the helpful suggestions
    08-21-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD