I realize I can fix this problem by simply turning my phone off at night, however I prefer to charge it left on in case an important family call comes. But what I've noticed over the 3 days I've had my Torch is that there are alot of data charges showing up overnight, usually ranging from 1 to 5 in the A.M. Is this normal and if so any idea what it is? I thought wifi on would always be used if in range and since I'm usually at home more often than not at this time I went with the 200 mb plan. But in 3 days I have almost 40 mb used so this won't work at this rate without going over. I was out 2 of the 3 days but used very little and was happy with how it was looking but larger amounts are charging overnight looking mostly as data sent. I don't have many apps, just your basic facebook/twitter BBM although I set up the ATT thing for billing ect and MLBAtBat. Thanks for any ideas and/or info. I'm wondering if it's not connecting to wifi while on charge maybe?
    03-24-11 09:07 AM
    Also it appears most of them go to blackberry.net with a few to wap,cingular and after looking closer at the data usage some are showing even when I know I'm at home and should be using wifi. In fact a very large amount shows to the blackberry.net yesterday afternoon when I know I was here with wifi. At least it's fun in a way to learn and figure out the new workings of my new Torch!
    Last edited by tumblingdice03; 03-24-11 at 09:16 AM.
    03-24-11 09:12 AM
    how can i see the data usage in my torch?

thank you
    03-24-11 09:48 PM
    I checked mine on the AT&T website under my account info. I'm not sure of what other options, if any, there may be for you to check. Not sure if you can on TMobile or not.
    03-24-11 10:13 PM
    you can check data usage by going into the settings menu and then while you're on the screen that shows you your pin, imei, batt level etc--- you type b u y r
    A bunch of extra stats will be displayed... stuff not usually displayed.... one if which is total data volume, Note however that it doesn't discriminate between wifi data and cellular data the way the iPhone would--it's just data volume period. it may be useful in tracking your usage abs determining what's going on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 10:39 PM
    tumbling - i'll be keeping an eye on your thread. i have the EXACT same scenario. i have an old unlimited data plan so it's not of real concern but still.... i'm usually on home wifi yet i see a lot of data to the same two sites you mentioned, typically around that same time in the wee morning hours when it's sitting on my nite table in case of a family emergency call.... i have asked here and also called AT&T and got no answer.
    03-24-11 10:51 PM
    I started to call AT&T then figured it wouldn't be of much help and best to ask here. I may not be able to find out but it's shows info sent to 2 places (a blackberry domain and a cingular domain I think it was) and I saw some during the day also ( one really large) and I know for a fact I was right here with Wifi on and no outage. Can't figure out what would be using data only though as I don't have many apps on my phone.
    03-24-11 10:55 PM
    yep same thing here. and i do have larger ones during the day as well. i have very limited apps, pandora, notifysync (which is where i'm leaning the culprit is since maybe the larger sizes are attachments coming down and i'll have to ask them if they don't use wifi) and google maps. it goes between wap.cingular and blackberry.net just like yours.
    03-25-11 08:00 AM
    I experienced this unknown data usage after I enabled BB protect on my Torch 9860. It used over 600 mb in 3 days. I deleted the app and data usage stopped.
    03-20-13 08:27 AM
    Try turning off the network data in settings while you are sleeping, might fix the problem...or it will just do it all when you turn the data back on in morning...worth a shot though.
    03-20-13 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD