I'm on the BB Social Networking plan with Telus. Is it possible to incur data data charges if your phone tries to use data other than social networking? I'm noticing the little data transfer icon in the corner is going a lot.

Thanks.
    02-11-11 06:53 PM
    Yes but most likely it is the app (FB or Twitter etc) just updating in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 09:20 PM
    I'm on the BB Social Networking plan with Telus. Is it possible to incur data data charges if your phone tries to use data other than social networking? I'm noticing the little data transfer icon in the corner is going a lot.

Thanks.
    Telus is known for incurring charges without notice, I mean they don't tell you that you browser is working and being charged per use but what u should do is call them and disable the browser so you don't incur extra charges. Keep in mind that there are also apps that use data even though you don't have a web surfing plan and can result in extra data use charges.

02-11-11 11:26 PM
    There are apps to monitor data usage. Check out e-office Mobile Data Alerter. Free. Easy. e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter

Also Network Traffic Control in AppWorld.

Both have saved my bacon on ATT more than one time.

Last edited by sedalia066; 02-12-11 at 06:50 AM.
    02-12-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD