alright i have a Custom Ringtone for a friend that i use blackberry messenger with, in my contacts his PIN is connected to it, so the Torch knows that it is the same person, but when i get something on BBM. It will play my general ringtone for everyone else.

Is there a way to fix this? or have i just missed something while i was setting it up???
    10-20-10 11:53 AM
    alright i have a Custom Ringtone for a friend that i use blackberry messenger with, in my contacts his PIN is connected to it, so the Torch knows that it is the same person, but when i get something on BBM. It will play my general ringtone for everyone else.

Is there a way to fix this? or have i just missed something while i was setting it up???
    Try going to Options>Sounds and Ring Tones>Sounds for Contacts. Select this person. You should have an option for Phone (where you set his ringtone) and Messages. Try changing Messages to the custom ring tone as well and see if that works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 05:26 PM
    I have had the same problem since the phone was released. I am now running .337 and it still hasn't been fixed.

When someone calls, it plays the custom ringtone. When they text me, it plays the default. I have about twenty different text tones for groups of people, and I've only had one work properly. This drives me mad because I liked knowing who was texting me without looking at the phone.

Has anyone found a solution for this? I've been trying and failing since August. I've added tones both ways (through contacts and profiles), and still only have one that works. I even wiped the phone to nothing and it still didn't work.

11-10-10 05:54 AM
    I cant say for BBM as I don't use it. But for any other message i receive as well as phone calls from the few I have set up, work flawlessly.

Option > Sounds and Ringtones > Sounds for Contacts.

I am assuming this person is in your address book? If not maybe that is the problem....
    11-10-10 06:15 AM
    I've done all of that. It works for emails, but not text messages. And yes, they are in my address book. It has been bothering me for a long time and I've seen others post similar problems. I was just hopingit had been resolved. Only one works so far, and its a person I don't text ofteb. It saddens me. Other than that I wouldn't trade this phone for anything!

11-10-10 05:47 PM
    Since day one I have never been able to get my personalize ringtones, text messages or emails to work for specific individuals. I can change the tone as a new general tone for say texting and ringtone but never for individualized texts or god forbid BBM messages. I feel like I've gone back in time in this area. Otherwise the Torch rocks. I don't even know where to start sorting this tones mess out.

I don't even trust it to be quiet when I need it to like during church. Bahhh.
    01-02-11 01:47 PM
    There's no way currently to personalize Contact Alerts for BBM for an individual contact.

You can only do it for Phone and Messages. Not for BBM.
    01-02-11 02:40 PM
    There's no way currently to personalize Contact Alerts for BBM for an individual contact.

You can only do it for Phone and Messages. Not for BBM.
    I thought that sounded to good to be true. Someday soon hopefully.
    01-02-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD