I received a combo AC / automotive charger thrown in with my Torch.
    Curiously when I use this charger, while the Torch is plugged in and being charged, the touch screen responsiveness is much reduced.

It works fine with the stock BB charger.

The AC/Auto charger's output is 1 Amp vs the stock BB charger's 750 mAmp.
    I'd have thought that the reduced touchscreen response might be explained if the output of the two chargers was reversed.

This isn't really an issue (I'll just use the stock charger) but anyone know why this occurs?
    01-22-11 04:58 PM
    No Idea but if the output is higher then the stock charger, I wouldn't be using it. Could end up causing some damage over the long term.
    01-22-11 05:02 PM
    Curiously when I use this charger, while the Torch is plugged in and being charged, the touch screen responsiveness is much reduced.

It works fine with the stock BB charger.

I'd have thought that the reduced touchscreen response might be explained if the output of the two chargers was reversed.

This isn't really an issue (I'll just use the stock charger) but anyone know why this occurs?
    It happened the same thing to me with a spare (non BB) wall charger with higher output.
    01-23-11 07:39 AM
    It happened the same thing to me with a spare (non BB) wall charger with higher output.
    I'm not sure of the exact cause, but I do NOT think it is simply due to higher output - I use a high output wall charger (Philips DLM2241/17 w/ 2 USB ports, total 2A output) and car charger (Belkin micro F8Z446 w/ 1 USB port, 1A output) with my Torch and do not have any persistent touchpad or touchscreen problems.

However, I periodically have problems with touchpad and/or touchscreen using a combination combo wall/car charger (old Boxwave, no identifying model number visible any longer, looks like it lists output as variable from 400mA - 1A). And regardless of what charging method I use - even the OEM BB wall charger, or when connected to a computer - I often have responsiveness issues with touchpad and/or touchscreen immediately after connecting or disconnecting, although it is short-lived.

Very strange, and frankly a little troubling... Perhaps it's a circuit quality issue with some chargers, wherein the output is somewhat variable or "noisy"?

Come on you lurking elec engineers, educate us noobs!
    Last edited by somainer; 01-26-11 at 09:03 AM.
    01-26-11 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD