I dont think thats very common problem though on iPhone. I dont see people complaining about creeks at TiPb. Not saying there hasnt been but not very common at all. Ive had the 3G, 3GS, and the 4 and never had squeeks or creeks. The reason why the Torch does is there are so many pieces that go together on this phone and the more pieces, the more chances of things not being 100%
    12-13-10 03:59 PM
    Don't forget that on an iphone you are not pressing on a keyboard which is when mine creaked the most. My kids have an iphone 4 and a captivate and each has its own issues. Just do what you have to do and enjoy your phone !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 04:15 PM
    The amount of creaks should be less due to the construction. There are insanely less buttons (less coutouts on the shell) and no moving parts or keyboard.

So it being more rare should be the case. It's expected that phones that have the above have a higher rate. People keep bringing price into the equation but that really has nothing to do with it at all.
    12-13-10 05:34 PM
    12-13-10 05:39 PM
    There aint sucha thing as a perfect world. Why refuse a 1 minute diy fix thatll take ur problems away?

12-13-10 08:15 PM
    Wrapped Duct Tape and Silly Puddy around mine. No creaking for me.

soogriff likes this.
    12-13-10 08:38 PM
    If you don't like the phone, and feel the need to post topics about an issue, and have no intention of taking advice, why bother even keeping the dern thing? It's obviously causing you mental distress.

12-13-10 10:00 PM
    LMAO. Perhaps RIM should include one with each sale!

OK. I'm going to start my own website that's going to tell the truth about this problem.

www.wikicreaks.org <groan, sound of objects being thrown at the stage>
    Last edited by HomeyJay; 12-14-10 at 12:10 AM.
    12-14-10 12:07 AM
    This is what I dont get, dont get my wrong, I like my Torch, but I dont love it - and this is why! Why on earth would you get a new phone and pretend that using it by fixing it with super glue is ok? Noone should have to put up with a brand new device that you need to mend at home to like it.

When you buy a new phone - you should love it out of the box, and not have to buy a case to make it work, crazy glue on the bezel, foam under the slider. It seriously makes no sense.
    I totally agree with you. If there's another smartphone with BB's productivity tools, with touchscreen and with keypad, I'll definitely change to that smartphone immediately. Unfortunately there's none.
    Last edited by alantan; 12-14-10 at 01:37 AM.
    12-14-10 01:34 AM
    This is the most funniest thread i have ever read. I honestly agree with the car metaphor/simile that was used. I feel blackberries are basically hard phones that work like they are supposed to. I feel they are slipping in quality like Toyota. RIM needs to get back on top of their game. A new creaky *** phone is unacceptable. I after heavy use of 4 to 5 months I understand but not within the 30 day refund period. I had take back my 9700 4 times because of loose buttons and a creaky bezel. The fifth one was just the way i wanted it. No creaks or loose keyboard to this day.
    12-14-10 09:51 AM
    One of these days people will realize that when you use third world countries and pay employees pennies a day to sit in a sweat shop and put together tiny pieces, there's bound to be QC issues.

This goes for any manufacturer that uses this method. Now if RIM had them assembled in say US or Canada, not only would the QC be better but the device would also cost twice as much to assemble costing the consumer more in the end.

In short, either put up with the creaks or pay twice as much for the device.

FYI, anything made of mostly plastic with moving parts is bound to creak just from the plastic rubbing against itself.
    12-14-10 10:01 AM
    One of these days people will realize that when you use third world countries and pay employees pennies a day to sit in a sweat shop and put together tiny pieces, there's bound to be QC issues.

This goes for any manufacturer that uses this method. Now if RIM had them assembled in say US or Canada, not only would the QC be better but the device would also cost twice as much to assemble costing the consumer more in the end.

In short, either put up with the creaks or pay twice as much for the device.

FYI, anything made of mostly plastic with moving parts is bound to creak just from the plastic rubbing against itself.
    What's funny though..is it seemed the Mexico 5 builds were better than both the Canada and Holland builds initially. And I'd hardly say factory's in Canada and Holland are sweatshops..although it's possible they could be bringing in low cost immigrants to help in these shops..I wouldn't put that past anyone.
    12-14-10 10:28 AM
    Just like my Jeep
    12-15-10 06:13 AM
    Mine creaks at the bottom near the bottom when the keyboard is exposed
    Last edited by Propa; 12-15-10 at 10:38 AM. Reason: dang typo
    12-15-10 10:37 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD