While updating a WordPress app on my AT&T 9800 (running 6.0.0.600), the phone froze. I had to pull the battery and when it rebooted, I was missing a number of apps, including App World.

I tried to restore apps with BBSAK, but now that program freezes, and never actually starts the restore process. The phone also freezes, and has to have a battery pull to reboot.

I've done this cycle numerous times with similar results. One time i recovered some of my apps, but now many are gone again. App World is back, but things like Twitter, Facebook, Accuweather, ToDoMatrix, and others are gone.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled BBSAK (the latest version, 1.9.2) multiple times.
    FWIW, I use DTM 7.1.0.32)

I'm stumped, and stalled. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by mltindle; 10-01-12 at 08:28 PM.
    10-01-12 08:02 PM
    I would try booting into Safe Mode, then see if you can uninstall the Wordpress app you were updating. Then battery pull again to reboot.

Turn on safe mode
    10-01-12 08:10 PM
    The WordPress app is long gone, along with many others.
    On a happy note, this is the first time I've successfully started in Safe Mode, so that's a little victory.
    10-01-12 08:25 PM
    I should add that during one attempt to restore, my computer gave me the dreaded Blue Screen Of Death. That can't help things.
    But still, BBSAK refuses to restore, and I've even tried multiple restore points.
    10-01-12 08:27 PM
    What i think you need to do is wipe it. I've had issues when the phone would just be stupid for no reason I can find. A simple wipe and restore should make it good as new
    10-01-12 09:11 PM
    Okay, did a re-install of the OS...and still, BBSAK won't restore anything.

Grrr....
    10-01-12 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD