Got the Torch, did a device switch like I usually do, and ran into a couple problems. When it was finishing up it said the application blackberry app world was incompatible and stopped. No big deal, the torch comes with it so I uninstalled app world from my old device and restarted the transfer. It finished this time.

I got the phone up and noticed BBM was nowhere to be found. Just gone. Could have sworn it was there before the transfer, but I cant remember for sure. Launched app world and it said bbm was uninstalled, so I reinstalled it. It then said it already existed and asked to confirm replacing the version with the new one. I said yes, rebooted, and its there now and works fine, but app world still says uninstalled. So I'm wondering if I should do a reinstall or just let it be. BBM version is 5.0.1.38. Thats what it should be on the Torch right?

Other problem is that my brickbreaker score didnt transfer over. Not a huge deal, but all my contacts and messages came over just fine, and I've had no problems with the brickbreaker score transferring to a new device before. Does the new version not take scores from the old ones, or did I do something wrong?

Lastly, my wifi connection keeps dropping and reconnecting, but I havent been able to say for sure if its the phone or my router, so just wondering if anybody else is having this problem.

Did something go wrong during my device transfer, or are any of you guys getting these issues too?
    08-12-10 08:17 PM
    I haven't done a transfer - I'm going to just add my contacts in manually, then push over new links for my apps through Mobihand.

Mine is connected via Wi-Fi, without any issues.

And yes, that is the correct version for BBM.
    Last edited by ibcop; 08-12-10 at 08:36 PM.
    08-12-10 08:31 PM
    I think one thing I read in a review was that brickbreaker scores don't transfer to OS6 this time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 08:33 PM
    Well as long as BBM is the current version and its working, I'm just not going to stress over it. I'll pull the battery later see if it forces app world to see it. Or maybe I'll reinstall app world since BBM clearly isnt the problem.

I'm kinda sad the brickbreaker scores dont come with cause they always did before. Guess it gives me something to do.

Thanks guys.
    08-12-10 09:20 PM
    my BB messenger disappeared after i used device switch wizard. my FB and Twitter also disappeared (they were on the torch before the device switch). i had to re-download BBM and also FB. FB is not integrated with my social feed though and i can't get it to work with social feed yet. aggravating.
    08-12-10 09:22 PM
    I used the leaked version of Desktop Manager 6 and it transfered every single message, email, contact app you name it. All works well.
    08-12-10 09:29 PM
    I know it's a little late for this, but before you do the device switch wizard you have to uninstall on your old phone any apps that are pre-installed on the Torch (App World, BBM, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.). If you have any of these installed and try to re-install them onto the Torch they will get screwed up. To get the pre-installed versions back you have to download the OS and use apploader to re-install them (especially Facebook, which is version 1.8 in OS 6, available downloads are version 1.7).

Oh, and the installed version of BBM on the Torch is 5.0.1.34, so you can actually upgrade that.

08-12-10 09:38 PM
    so what if i already downloaded the versions of FB and Twitter onto my Torch (post device switcher) and now they won't integrate into my social feed?? Is there a way to get them to show up in the social feed?
    08-12-10 10:26 PM
    I used the leaked version of Desktop Manager 6 and it transfered every single message, email, contact app you name it. All works well.
    What about your brickbreaker score? Now that I've got BBM working, I'm holding out hope for brickbreaker, I'd love to get my score back.

After a battery pull app world shows BBM as it should. Although now one of my other apps is completely missing from app world, but is still on the phone and working so I dont really care.

I did a manual connect to my wifi and it isnt dropping anymore, but in my router it shows it only connected at 54mbps (wireless g). I have a wireless n router so I dont know what gives. N is way overkill for a phone anyways so I dont care about this really either.

I'm happy overall, just a few quirks in the transfer process, but I guess that comes with being an early adopter.
    08-12-10 11:13 PM
    Just a quick question picked up my torch and I love it just one problem I can only take pics in face detection mode.nonre of the others will take a pic anyo e have a suggestion

08-13-10 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD