Hello,

I was adding a contact to my phone and noticed that, when the adding was completed, my whole phone book disappeared! The Contacts app shows no entries whereas the Phone app, when you go to the contact book tab, shows all my contacts. What did I do?

I did a battery pool and also synced with Blackberry Desktop Manager but was unsuccessful in retrieving my contact list in my Contacts app. Any suggestions??
    06-05-11 09:31 PM
    Hello,

Just an update, I even changed my themes and yet I still do not have any contacts listed under the Contacts app.
    06-06-11 08:54 AM
    What you did was inadvertently filter your contacts. A battery pull reboot won't reset the filter. But you easily can fix it. In Contacts, press Menu and select Filter. Uncheck any box that is checked and all your contacts will reappear.
    DrNitun and suetr like this.
    06-06-11 09:03 AM
    Thank you, JeffH! I had already tried restoring data when I found your solution -- what a relief! I'll know to watch for this in future!
    06-10-11 11:42 AM
    Having a similar problem on my husband's 9700 - not filtered. I checked the filters, re-checked and then checked again. So it isn't the issue.

It says "No Contacts" in his address book, and they don't auto-populate in his e-mail anymore. However, when you search for a contact in the address book it will show up. Very odd... Any help would be appreciated!
    09-24-11 11:59 PM
    Jeff,
    I tried to remove an app (What'sApp) from my phone this morning. It was successful but now I don't have ANY contacts. The numbers show up in texts. No filters are checked. Any suggestions?

I use my phone as both my business and personal phone and having to hunt down 300+ contacts is not my idea of fun.

Thanks!!!!
    02-19-12 01:21 PM
    I looked in the WhatsApp faq and didn't see your problem addressed. Have you done a battery pull reboot of your BlackBerry?
    02-19-12 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD