Hi all where can I see how many contacts I actually have on my phone?

Also I can back up my contacts via BB desktop manager and restore if needed. However I take it there is no way to simply type in new address's, email, contacts etc on your PC and then restore to your blackberry. I take it any new contacts that go into the BB must be put in on the actual phone.

Would it be too easy to have software whereby you insert name, tel, mobile, email etc click restore and it all goes onto your BB ! Maybe there is and I am missing something.

Many thanks for any help it would be appreciated

Karl.
    Last edited by karltenerife; 02-07-12 at 09:04 AM.
    02-07-12 08:42 AM
    Open Contacts, then using BB menu button open Options. Scroll down to Default (or in my case since I sync with Outlook, Desktop). Once you click on Default it should show your number of entries. Mine is 552.
    karltenerife likes this.
    02-07-12 03:05 PM
    You can download this free BlackBerry contacts editor.

http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberryipdeditor.html

Make sure you have a full backup of everything before you start.

1. Backup ONLY your contacts using Desktop Manager. Do a selective back up and choose only "Address Book -All". The back up file is an .ipd file.

2. Use the contacts editor software to open that file. You can edit contacts. I assume you can add records. I only used it to edit and delete. But it should allow adds as well.

3. Save the edited file and selectively restore it back to your device.
    Last edited by southlander; 02-07-12 at 03:40 PM.
    karltenerife likes this.
    02-07-12 03:38 PM
    Google Sync has two way contact syncing. You could setup a Gmail account and create contacts in it to sync to the BB.
    karltenerife likes this.
    02-07-12 04:13 PM
    Oh my goodness it is so easy when you know how.

Thank You all for your expert advice.
    02-08-12 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD