Lately my browser informs me that it must shut tabs as the memory is too low.

I did a battery pull but it didn't help.

This happens even when there are only 3 tabs open (and not other applications running).

I am also experiencing some pretty major "checkerboarding".

Any ideas?

(I am running .448)
    Last edited by aussie99; 05-01-11 at 12:49 AM.
    05-01-11 12:37 AM
    Do you have a bunch of apps running in the background? Also, your device's physical memory may be low... Do you have pictures, music etc... On the device, or on a memory card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 01:27 AM
    yea it sounds like you are starting to run low on device memory. clearing the browser cache and a reboot may help keep the low memory warnings and checkerboarding down to a minimum.

if you have the habit of storing pics and media on your device memory, get a memory card and start using that. i leave my on board memory alone, as storing stuff on external cards have many advantages on its own.
    05-01-11 01:32 AM
    OK, I'm not too sure, so I'll post the following info:

Application memory: Free Space: 280.6MB

Device memory:
    Total space: 3.7 GB
    Free space: 3.7 GB

Media Card:
    Total space3.6 GB
    Free space: 2.6 GB

I'm assuming therefore that what you guys wrote above would not apply to me? Or am I wrong?

I do not have many apps running at once.

BWeather
    BBuzz
    Browser
    BBM

Not much else.

And I have not started using more apps lately, or more tabs while browsing. But this problem has cropped up in the last 2 weeks or so.
    Last edited by aussie99; 05-01-11 at 04:04 AM.
    05-01-11 04:02 AM
    Seems to me like a browser cache and cookie problem. Try resetting ALL your browsing history (so password forms, cookies, the works). Also, try using 2 tabs rather than 3 and see if that helps.
    05-01-11 04:16 AM
    2 tabs makes no diff.

Will try resetting all history.
    05-01-11 04:20 AM
    you got plenty of memory, seems like a browser cache issue.
    05-01-11 05:39 AM
    I've been having the very same problem since the day I switched over to .526. My memory is fine, I periodically do clear the cache, and I don't have a habit of leaving apps open, yet still the browser is having memory trouble. Can't figure it out either!

05-01-11 07:35 AM
    Same problem here only I just did the softwhare update. Never had this problem before and I've had as many as 17 open at once with no problem at all. Please help lol I hate my phone now

08-27-11 07:52 PM
    Looks like clearing the cookies & cache did the trick thanks

08-27-11 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD