This thread is for anyone who is considering buying a Torch, because I came to this forum for the same reason, and I was getting nervous after reading all the threads here about wobbly sliders, lagging issues... but I'm the biggest fanboy/girl (honestly; owned every model except the Tour, from 72xx to 97xx) and I just "had" to have it.

Armed with what I'd read on the forums, I accosted the poor clerk with my demands, taken from what I'd learned on these forums. "Let me see your [personal] phone- does it wobble?", "Let me see the box- does it say Mexico 4 or Hungary?"

I'm happy with this phone. I have no software issues. My phone was made in Mexico 5, came with OS .246, and there is no "wobble" (yet?) When making your decision, remember that forums are largely comprised of complaints; those of us who are happy don't always need to sing it from the rooftops, so we stay quiet and don't create threads titled, "I DO NOT WANT A REFUND, MY PHONE DOES NOT WOBBLE." (That, or they have come to these forums to ask for help with issues/see if anyone else has had the same experience.)

So I hope that helps calm your fears. It's a pretty good phone- and a REALLY great OS with lots of surprise features you'll love :-) Sorry to the regulars for a post irrelevant to you, I just wish I'd seen more "positive experience" posts last week, when I was trolling around, making my decision.

Regards, Steph

Oh! PS: I was PISSED about the battery life first day out of the box, but after two or three overnight charges, it's getting better and better- impressively long life, actually! 45% after a day of heavy use, 85% after a day of moderate use. (I use 2G)
    Last edited by bbstoof; 10-24-10 at 08:42 PM.
    10-24-10 08:37 PM
    Very refreshing, thank you for that.

I'm on my 2nd Torch now and will be getting a 3rd (wobble issues) but my wife's is rock solid. Even with the wobbles I love this phone and would not even consider switching to a different device, Blackberry or otherwise.
    10-24-10 09:10 PM
    Good to see someone else happy with it. You are right, most people without a complaint don't post much. I think it's a great phone and I am very happy with mine. Is it perfect? Of course not. And of course it's not the right choice for everyone.
    10-24-10 09:11 PM
    I'm trying to trade my 9700 + cash for the torch. I am still very skeptical about the phone, and I realized the only way to satisfy my curiosity is to try it out myself.
    try the floor models in the stores..
    try it for a day or two
    10-24-10 09:23 PM
    What's the difference with 2G and 3G? Like what are the things that 3G can only do that 2G can't? I might switch to 2G too to conserve battery.
    10-24-10 09:57 PM
    ^ it's a matter of speed.. that you can only see the difference when you're browsing the web...and downloading some apps.
    for everything else like calls, SMS, MMS, BBM you won't see the difference.
    10-24-10 10:02 PM
    Happy owner here too. This is actually a good solid phone. Those who honestly own one will probably make the same claim.

Most of the thread on here are trolled by anti-Blackberry bloggers and fanboys. I wouldn't get too personal about it. Strong minded people will not be easily influenced by a 16 year old on the other end of the computer writing hate posts because they are going through a rough stage in life.

People who don't stand proud about their purchased phone should just go through with it anyways. If they don't, how will they ever find out if the phone was right for them or not.
    10-24-10 11:26 PM
    I love this phone. When I had a storm 1 I said the best phone for me would be a touch screen and a keyboard. This puts everything together so well. You have 3 different keyboards (slide out, landscape, portrat) and 2 ways of navigating (touch screen/ trackpad). I really hope this is a line they keep going with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 07:00 AM
    I bought a Torch at the US release, went through a three different phones trying to find one that did not have a hardware flaw (either with the menu buttons or the screen wobble). I ultimately gave up and went back to the i4. Decided to give it another go this past weekend and the build quality of the one I have now is night and day compared to what I saw from the initial batch of phones my local AT&T Store got in stock. Screen is very solid, menu buttons feel like they should, and the whole device just feels like it is a better quality.

Add in the OS improvements with the upgrade up from .141 and it makes this device that is great for anyone looking to upgrade to a BB.
    10-25-10 07:39 AM
    I was reluctant to give up my BOLD which, IMO has been the best overall Blackberry user experience and still has the best keyboard.

I had cautions from one friend, a heavy use who carries both an iPhone 4 and a Torch about difficulties using the touch screen (I can see that the iPhone is a little easier to type on) and keyboard.

Having used the Torch for a week now, I think it is a huge step up from the Bold and a great design....GO RIM!
    10-25-10 08:11 AM
    I am very happy with this phone. I switched from Verizon for it on release day, had to exchange the first cause the menu keys were falling off, but got a great replacement. I haven't had a berry yet That didn't need to be replaced at least once, but over a month later I am very satisfied with the quality. No real issues with AT&T either.

10-25-10 08:54 AM
    I'm trying to trade my 9700 + cash for the torch. I am still very skeptical about the phone, and I realized the only way to satisfy my curiosity is to try it out myself.
    I have always advocated trying the device yourself which is the true test of whether it meets your needs and passes your standards. I am glad to see fewer posts from owners who tried the phone less than a day and returned it. If you leave the store without testing, you deserve what you get and the hassle of exchanging it. I have had mine since the US launch date with no issues but I wish that it had shipped with OS .246.
    10-25-10 10:11 AM
    I am very happy with this phone. I switched from Verizon for it on release day, had to exchange the first cause the menu keys were falling off, but got a great replacement. I haven't had a berry yet That didn't need to be replaced at least once, but over a month later I am very satisfied with the quality. No real issues with AT&T either.

I see that you use storm and torch. How is the navigation and screen sensitivity compared to storm.
    10-25-10 11:16 AM
    it's the OS 6 that makes the navigation smoother compared to the Storm series.
    10-25-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD