Hi all. Just bought a new Torch today. It is marked as AT&T, but bought it unlocked here in Thailand. Software is 6.0 Bundle 695, v6.0.0.246 Platform 6.4.0.105, if that helps.
    I have a few major issues that I hope someone can help with.

1. I want to set up my gmail account. When I enter setup, and then email accounts, I understand that I should be able to choose an account type - internet mail or enterprise mail. I don't have this option. It goes automatically into enterprise setup, and I won't be using an enterprise account. Author edit: Should have searched more first. Sorry about that. I see now that I must have a BB-specific account with the local carrier to reach BIS in order to get emails set up. Anway, the other two points are still open if anyone can help out.
    2. I tried to set up facebook. When I try with the shortcut from the homescreen, I draw an error that says we can't reach the facebook server at this time. But if I log in through the browser, no problem. If I delete the Facebook applicaton from the application manager and then reinstall it by downloading through the browser, will this fix the error? About to try this one....
    3. My previous phone was a Samsung, and I saved all my contact information to the SD card, as that phone doesn't have an option to save to the SIM card. Is there a way to pull contacts from the SD card into the contacts list on the Torch? I guess I can sync the Samsung to gmail contacts, then sync the Torch to gmail if there's no other option.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.
    Additional info: carrier is AIS, and yes they support BlackBerry in Thailand (huge market here). Data plan is unlimited. No issue with network availability or data service availability (can easily hit google.com in English and in Thai).

Thanks,
    J
    Last edited by 1BusyGuy; 03-27-11 at 08:40 AM.
    03-27-11 08:19 AM
    2. Some apps also require the BIS service to run properly. Get your carrier to put you on a blackberry specific data plan, and try again.

3. I doubt the blackberry's address book can read the samsung format... Try googling to see if there is someway to convert it.

Alternatively, if you still have your samsung, sync it with either the windows native contact list, or microsoft outlook contact list.

From the bb desktop manager, you can then sync your bb with the windows or outlook address book...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 09:14 AM
    1. using your phone, go to m.google.com or www.gmail.com

2. same thing,
    m.facebook.com
    03-27-11 11:16 AM
    Have you been trough the sticky on how to get everything working on an unlocked Torch? It still applies. I would also look so see if your carrier offers any other OS6 device. They may not have all the correct service books...

03-27-11 11:18 AM
    Quick update:
    1. Email setup solved. Contacted carrier, changed my old data plan to a BB-specific plan (which was actually a little cheaper, surprisingly), and all is well.
    2. Facebook issue solved. See above.
    3. Contacts solved. Synced old phone to gmail, then gmail to BB. Fast and easy.

Thanks for the responses!
    03-27-11 10:15 PM
    Wtg. Enjoy your new phone!

03-27-11 11:22 PM
    Thanks for posting your fixs.

03-27-11 11:31 PM
    Quick update:
    1. Email setup solved. Contacted carrier, changed my old data plan to a BB-specific plan (which was actually a little cheaper, surprisingly), and all is well.
    2. Facebook issue solved. See above.
    3. Contacts solved. Synced old phone to gmail, then gmail to BB. Fast and easy.

Thanks for the responses!
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Thanks for providing the update on you issues - glad to see you got it worked out.

Hope you enjoy your new BB!
    03-28-11 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD