I was close to drinking the koolaid and hopping to the iphone 4 bandwagon while getting pissed for this to release but after watching extensive comparison videos between the two, I had to stay with the bb. I am all about conencting and it intergrates my contacts with all their social feeds, emails, etc. So well that I couldn't let that go. They have always been solid devices (except storm 1 imo) and have always worked well. The touch screen with the keyboard was everything I wished the storm 1 had and I'm now satisfied it mighten play the games the iphone 4 has, but a jailbroken ipod touch keeps me just as happy. I got to say, after seeing the playbook, that pretty much cemented my decision to stay with the crackberry lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 07:36 AM
    Well, it seems like you're out numbered in this thread. You are entitled to your opinions but please do not try and brainwash others here so please kindly move along
    You are clearly the misinformed one as you clearly haven't followed my posts for a while, seen my comments on site articles or read a previous post saying I've always been a Blackberry fan - but the Torch is showing it's age - only the OS is making it appear otherwise. I don't need to brainwash anyone here so please stop with the trolling comment. I'm merely stating the facts.

The BB is the best communications device out there - but that's where it stops. The iPhone is a better all-rounder. I guess it all depends on your needs
    10-08-10 07:42 AM
    I can`t speak for others but a "communications device" is what I am after and that`s what I expect.
    If extra features contribute to being "all round" that`s fine I suppose but then, from what I have seen and experienced with iPhone 4 the "communications" element is the problem... If you count the extras as more important then fine but otherwise.......

I`m sure Apple will improve, it`s a great device, but hardly perfect and I think we have to keep in mind the main point is "communications" .......
    10-08-10 09:43 AM
    +1. From an entertainment pov, i4 wins handsdown. For secure communications, RIM wins handsdown. For an overall pov, which drove my purchase decision, RIM wins and the overall package should determine if the phone meets all of your needs criteria not just entertainment and a warpspeed processor and browser. The OS 6 is a great step in the right direction for RIM. Everyday more posts of former i4 owner converting to RIM devices keep appearing and that must mean something. Is the i4 a very good smartphone? Sure it is. Is the Torch the i4 killer? No and anyone with that expectation is delusional.
    10-08-10 09:51 AM
    Well, it seems like you're out numbered in this thread. You are entitled to your opinions but please do not try and brainwash others here so please kindly move along
    Actually, you can't disagree with the fact that there are many phones with a better display than the Torch. Which doesn't make the Torch bad. MY opinion is -- and I believe this would be shared by many -- how hi-res of a display do you actually NEED on a 3- or 4-inch cell phone screen? I mean, it's a phone! The display on the Torch is perfectly adequate for most of us BB users, and we're BB users because of our preference for their phone's feature sets over those of other phones. In other words, for how all other aspects of the Torch suit my needs, I flatly don't care how much better the display is on the Epic or the iP4 or any other phone, because what's on the Torch right now works for me.

Again, are there smart phones with noticeably better displays than the Torch? Yup. Are there phones with faster processors? Yup. Does any of this make the Torch a bad phone? Nope.
    10-08-10 10:14 AM
    I can`t speak for others but a "communications device" is what I am after and that`s what I expect.
    If extra features contribute to being "all round" that`s fine I suppose but then, from what I have seen and experienced with iPhone 4 the "communications" element is the problem... If you count the extras as more important then fine but otherwise.......

I`m sure Apple will improve, it`s a great device, but hardly perfect and I think we have to keep in mind the main point is "communications" .......
    +1. From an entertainment pov, i4 wins handsdown. For secure communications, RIM wins handsdown. For an overall pov, which drove my purchase decision, RIM wins and the overall package should determine if the phone meets all of your needs criteria not just entertainment and a warpspeed processor and browser. The OS 6 is a great step in the right direction for RIM. Everyday more posts of former i4 owner converting to RIM devices keep appearing and that must mean something. Is the i4 a very good smartphone? Sure it is. Is the Torch the i4 killer? No and anyone with that expectation is delusional.
    I couldn't agree more with either of you. There isn't a phone out there that's going to be perfect in all respects for anyone, let alone everyone. There are always compromises. For what I use a phone for, and apparently you guys as well, the Torch has the fewest compromises and does the things we do most the best. My wife's iPhone 3Gs works best for her; her 8 gb is also filled to the brim with pics and video clips of her kids and the dogs, while my 4gb card still has 3.8 gb free. Different strokes for different folks!!
    10-08-10 10:23 AM
    After selling the Torch and going iPhone 4 yes there are things I miss about BB. After going iPhone does it mean that I won't go back ever? No. I will def go back to Blackberry once they get out of the older hardware stage. If the Torch had a 1ghz CPU and his resolution display(should have been in the first place) I most likely wouldn't have sold the Torch. Is the Torch slow? No. But compared to iPhone and Droids yes it is. Yes I do think about going back to BB every few days but when it comes down to it for me I stick to what I want and need and right now I like the iPhone 4. Once Rimm releases a phone with higher specs I will def consider going back. Just not at this time.
    10-08-10 10:26 AM
    Fair enough. Apple owners and RIM owners approach a smartphone from different pov's. RIM owners want superior and secure communication/multi-tasking as their first priority and then entertainment while entertainment and warpspeed specs are the first priority of Apple owners then less secure communications. Different needs to different folks. I try not to get to lost in the specs as long as the devices meets my overall needs and doesn't impact me in any significant way. These are just my thoughts only and I am not bashing either device.
    10-08-10 10:47 AM
    Fair enough. Apple owners and RIM owners approach a smartphone from different pov's. RIM owners want superior and secure communication/multi-tasking as their first priority and then entertainment while entertainment and warpspeed specs are the first priority of Apple owners then less secure communications. Different needs to different folks. I try not to get to lost in the specs as long as the devices meets my overall needs and doesn't impact me in any significant way. These are just my thoughts only and I am not bashing either device.
    In the end it's about what works for you. I concur
    10-08-10 11:02 AM

This is the essence of the BB experience. There will always be better multimedia and gaming devices out there. With the Torch and BB in general, I get *some* of that other stuff, though maybe not quite up to par with the iPhone4, et al. However, with BB I have the best communications device on the planet, and that is what many of us want first and foremost.

And as someone else above said, there are many *little* things that don't seem important to others, but end up being huge. Like notifications, customization options, ability to tinker with and tweak the OS, and of course the awesome keyboard.

Just depends on what your priorities are.
    10-08-10 11:40 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD