Hey guys long time no see! I was a Blackberry user for years and ended up jumping ship to Android and coming back to Blackberry and ended up leaving for the iPhone 4 and now I'm coming back again. I love my Macbook Pro and I really like my iphone but im so sick of not actually receiving any push messages... I get my e-mails ok but Facebook notifications and messages on facebook chat never freaking work. I miss that about blackberry... I never missed a message or a notification, etc. Whats the point of having an app if im never notified of anything??? Im going with the Torch since I'm stuck on using the web as i do on my iphone and the torch is the only BB that comes close to being a comparable experience. There were a few apps i thought i would miss on BB; Mainly ones I use when Im in NYC to get around but ive found comparable apps and I gotta say it feels good to be "coming home". I know most don't care just felt like sharing since out of all of the Mobile OS communities I've always found BB users (for the most part, theres a few of you out there that break the mold :P) to be the friendliest, most helpful, level headed (not being a moron and starting a flame war over whose OS is better) people and thats a good feeling too

Well take care and talk to you guys soon.

RCKLSS
    04-21-11 09:27 PM
    One more thing.... the torch how is it for tethering?? is it reliable, wireless or wired only? Also dont use the PIN in my signature I'll post the new one if you want to add me.
    04-21-11 09:29 PM
    I think your exploration of devices was a healthy one... But it is good to welcome you back. I always find myself considering iPhone, but KNOW myself too well, and know I would miss push email and reliable notifications far too much, if I switched, even just to "try out" the competition.

WB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 11:13 PM
    Welcome back
    04-22-11 07:03 AM
    Welcome back. The communication of a BlackBerry is just so much better than anything else, really. I love my Torch.

I don't know about tethering, as I've never tethered anything using my Torch. But I'm sure if you do a search you can come up with something.

Again, welcome back!
    04-22-11 04:31 PM
    Tethering with a torch can be done via bluetooth or usb
    04-22-11 06:14 PM
    welcome back!
    I,myself, went to android a couple months ago as well.. stayed for 3 months and just had to come back to BB.
    I've also been thinking about getting an iphone 4 but instead, just bought myself the newest ipod touch so that idea is squashed as well.
    04-22-11 06:21 PM
    I always like reading good come back stories so it was a good read.I think that at a certain point everybody needs to try what's on the other side.Congratulation with ur torch,its a great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 09:34 PM
    Hey guys long time no see! I was a Blackberry user for years and ended up jumping ship to Android and coming back to Blackberry and ended up leaving for the iPhone 4 and now I'm coming back again. I love my Macbook Pro and I really like my iphone but im so sick of not actually receiving any push messages... I get my e-mails ok but Facebook notifications and messages on facebook chat never freaking work. I miss that about blackberry... I never missed a message or a notification, etc. Whats the point of having an app if im never notified of anything??? Im going with the Torch since I'm stuck on using the web as i do on my iphone and the torch is the only BB that comes close to being a comparable experience. There were a few apps i thought i would miss on BB; Mainly ones I use when Im in NYC to get around but ive found comparable apps and I gotta say it feels good to be "coming home". I know most don't care just felt like sharing since out of all of the Mobile OS communities I've always found BB users (for the most part, theres a few of you out there that break the mold :P) to be the friendliest, most helpful, level headed (not being a moron and starting a flame war over whose OS is better) people and thats a good feeling too

Well take care and talk to you guys soon.

RCKLSS
    Welcome back to the other darkside.

I know most don't care just felt like sharing since out of all of the Mobile OS communities I've always found BB users (for the most part, theres a few of you out there that break the mold :P) to be the friendliest, most helpful, level headed
    I couldn't agree more, I've been around what many consider the entire "spectrum" of mobile device communities, and strangely, the BlackBerry community (not just CB) is the best by far.

If I had to rank one the worst, TiPB would be my least favourite community, many mods on that site I feel are under-qualified and likely got there due to their dominating of the community and pushing around of other, smaller users and attempting to out smart those who are just getting started.
    04-23-11 01:41 AM
    Hey guys thanks for all the welcome backs... I did a search and got the tethering working just fine now on my mac. just wanted to say all is smooth and its definitely good to be back.

updated PIN is 25EB0D56 if anybody wants to add me.

Talk to you all soon!
    04-23-11 10:19 PM
    admit it, you just missed the people here. LOL!
    i too came from an iphone ( 3GS) for my personal phone.

kidding aside, i have my BlackBerry Torch and an early 2008 Macbook Pro pairing through Bluetooth.
    9 out of 10 it works ok. there are just times when it's connecting and then disconnecting right away.
    what i normally do when that happens is to browse through my torch then Tether right after.
    04-23-11 10:26 PM
    Remember.. The BIS connection is better than others OS, not is the usual data plan
    Better notifications, better Push, and others stuff xDD

PD: btw, welcome back and enjoy ur torch, great device =)
    04-23-11 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD