I am about to change from an (Asian) pay as yo go BlackBerry SIM card to a (European) contact SIM Card. Is there anything in particular I need to delete / modify on the BlackBerry before I change the SIM card? Like deleting service books (are they carrier specific)? Or is it simply plug and play and the BlackBerry will sort it all out by itself?
    01-12-12 04:20 AM
    get you pin released from your previous carrier if you wish to use bb services, i hope the phone is unlocked, if it is then you are good to go!!!
    01-12-12 07:19 AM
    @cooljatt18 - my blackberry is unlocked. So no need to have the pin released on an unlocked blackberry?
    01-12-12 08:15 AM
    Unlocked allows the new SIM to work. Released PIN means the original carrier is not blocking the phone for any reason.
    01-12-12 11:43 AM
    @Portal you have no need to worry just change the sim and go
    01-12-12 01:36 PM
    go ahead, unlocked phone can work with any sim card, what i meant by your carrier blocking your pin is that if and if only you have problem with blackberry services with your new operator than those could be because of the pin, this is not a common thing but sometimes operators/carriers do it!!!
    01-12-12 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD