Does anybody know if it is possible to change the color of the physical keyboard to a different color? So that the light on the keyboard will be blue and not the regular white. Is there any software that can do this, or do I have to take apart my phone to do this? Are there any tutorials on how to do this?

Thanks
    05-17-11 10:28 PM
    No, no, and no

Software cannot change color of the led, only intensity (brightness)

You would have to take apart the device and change the surface mount LED's on the board, or make some sort of custim gel film...

Not worth it IMO...

To my knowledge, the only blackberry with a similar feature is the pearl 81xx, to which you could change the color of the trackball LED's with software, only because it had different LED's underneath...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 10:44 PM
    Your could disassemble the phone and tint the keyboard LEDs. Model railroaders use this technique to get realistic-looking LED headlights. However, I would suggest you use a whiteboard marker, which is erasable, in lieu of the translucent enamel that R/R modelers use.

You can find [dis]assembly videos over at Cellular Nationwide Network, which sells BlackBerry replacement parts.
    05-18-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD