Thought I'd just give my 2 cents on the Case Mate Barely There case. I bought it last week sometime been using it since i picked it up and would def have to say its problem free and in comparison to the AGF case i was using previously its way smaller. The case, for me anyway, has stayed on with no issue i know people are saying their cases keep popping off maybe its not on properly because i haven't had the issue once and the phone came with me to 2 nites out, trust me for me that means the case is doing its job.
    As for functionality the usb port is easily accessible as well as all the hotkeys so nothing on the phone is restricted from use. The only small downside i did notice and this is with all cases it feels a little funny while using the trackpad since the case's lip gets in the way but i am able to deal with it fine...doesn't warrant a fail in my opinion. As for accessories i can definately say its not going to work with the dock, i made sure to have the AT&T rep test it since i was about to buy the dock as well and it just wouldn't fit.
    Summed up if you were to ask me if buying the case is worth it i would say yes, as for bulkiness of the case it is really a "Barely There" case...they have made it nice and small...enough protection to stop any scratches to happen on the bezel.
    11-08-10 01:23 PM
    Still my favorite case! I liked the carbon fiber one they had, made the phone look great too and didn't impede the slide. The top prongs on the lcd cover were an issue for me, less than a mm probably made the case not fit right on my screen, I would like to try it again though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the review. I've been debating it for my Torch - had the S2 version and loved it...
    11-08-10 01:29 PM
    Thanks for posting your review! I have been using the Seidio Innocase Surface combo for the past 5 days or so and I am liking it a lot! Do you have any photos of your case/device that you could post? Here's my review:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/se...photos-547390/
    11-08-10 01:42 PM
    Thanks for posting your review! I have been using the Seidio Innocase Surface combo for the past 5 days or so and I am liking it a lot! Do you have any photos of your case/device that you could post? Here's my review:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/se...photos-547390/
    Yup i'll post pictures later on in the evening. Read your post very informative(didn't want to post in the middle since it was a Seidio vs. Otterbox, not gonna lie started posting and then read the header carefully)...main thing for me was to get a low profile case otterbox is to bulky didn't want to add too much bulk...the innocase looks pretty good from your pics...at&t didn't have ne in stock so i couldn't compare the two...i can say in comparison to the Otterbox and AGF the CaseMate is less bulky...from your pics they look like the two may be pretty close
    11-08-10 03:13 PM
    +1 for the Case-mate Barely there. I love it.

11-08-10 04:15 PM
    I quite like my Barely There case as well. The only downsides I've encountered is that it makes using the trackpad and button row more challenging and that it is difficult to pull the back part of the case off the phone.

11-08-10 06:42 PM
    I quite like my Barely There case as well. The only downsides I've encountered is that it makes using the trackpad and button row more challenging and that it is difficult to pull the back part of the case off the phone.

Yea those two are problems with all the body cases...i tried an agf the trackpad usage was even tougher.
    11-08-10 07:17 PM
    Yup i'll post pictures later on in the evening. Read your post very informative(didn't want to post in the middle since it was a Seidio vs. Otterbox, not gonna lie started posting and then read the header carefully)...main thing for me was to get a low profile case otterbox is to bulky didn't want to add too much bulk...the innocase looks pretty good from your pics...at&t didn't have ne in stock so i couldn't compare the two...i can say in comparison to the Otterbox and AGF the CaseMate is less bulky...from your pics they look like the two may be pretty close
    Sounds good. I would like to see some photos. Thank you for gathering some.

11-09-10 02:01 AM
    hey mr zach,

guess what!? i just picked one up this aft! it's a great product and adds very little bulk. i hope this youtube video i created will help show just how perfect this case is for the torch. check it out here:

hope ya like it!

the brother
    11-13-10 04:44 PM
    hey mr zach,

guess what!? i just picked one up this aft! it's a great product and adds very little bulk. i hope this youtube video i created will help show just how perfect this case is for the torch. check it out here:

hope ya like it!

the brother
    Good video review! I have had the CM case on mine since ROGERS launched it. No probs and the case is amazing.

11-13-10 06:07 PM
    Thanks for the reviews, especially the video review. I think I'll have to go with this one.
    11-13-10 07:45 PM
    I have one sort of like this in pink but it sticks out on the screen part a bit more which I like because if dropped and landing smack face down, there is a raised enough edge I don't think I would have to worry about it. I dont know the brand, it was in telus packaging which I left at the store as it left on my phone lol
    11-13-10 08:21 PM
    Brother,
    Nice video. Thank you for comparing it. It was kinda scary to see the clear case push the top piece up! The holster is what sold me on the Seidio. I see your curve holster worked well also!

11-14-10 12:59 AM
    Thanks Mr Zach (and flex and kace and everyone for your kind comments)!

i hope you spread the word to other Torch owners. the screen protector included in the package is a definite plus. no impact to the weight or thickness a definite plus. being able to use the Curve 8300 series holster has been an advantage and the durability and feel of this case is great.

now that crystal case is another story entirely lol. i wish telus would take this thing back! i only used the bottom of it for a couple of days since i didn't want the top half to push up my slider and ruin the mechanism .

so far i'm happy with the whole kit and i think you guys will be too. if there are any Canadian folks reading this (GTA specifically): Best Buy Mobile has it for $34.99 and the Bell Store had white, chrome and the matte black one i showed for $22 each. if anyone else has seen feedback in these forums on the Case-Mate cases for the 9800 Torch, you might have read about signal issues with the chrome version which is possibly due to its reflective material so buyer beware!

if anyone else has any other questions, please fire away!

cheers.
    Last edited by the brother; 11-14-10 at 12:40 PM.
    blockbuy likes this.
    11-14-10 12:35 PM
    I tried the case for few days but I didn't like it the front cover kept popping off.

11-14-10 12:39 PM
    the casemate or the crystal case? did it pop when you opened the slider or in your purse or pocket or something?
    11-14-10 01:07 PM
    may i know if the case mate case for torch the black one is rubberized coating ?
    11-18-10 10:11 AM
    I bought this case a month ago, using it for about two week then take it out. The back of case is really good quality but the font of it has problem. Its not stick properply and when I touching, it has small crack sound making really annoy.

Watching a lot of people drop the touch so I decide using the case again. But before putting it to the device, I using some marking tape to sticking insise the front of case, I did two layer on the side and one on the others. And the result is wonderful, this case stich to the Torch very firmly now, absolutely love it.

Last edited by kuti; 11-18-10 at 02:38 PM.
    11-18-10 02:24 PM
    will be fitting one later today.
    11-19-10 07:21 AM
    I think I might be a little worried about 2 things. Tape residue left behind(usually washes off with a little isopropyl alcohol, and whether the tape will pull the paint off the bezel.
    11-19-10 07:27 AM
    I love the back of the case.....thinner than the AGF and the Outterbox, but the front is garbage! If the AGF wasn't so thick, it would be prefect because of the interlock design that will keep the front of the case on. I was so thick that a charger couldn't even plug in... I have been thinking about trying two sided tape as well for the Barely there. I have also been thinking about getting my $30 back. Has anyone tried a silicone case? I would think one would present slide problems, but a have read reviews around the net of ppl saying that they work "perfectly"...
    11-19-10 09:10 AM
    I think I might be a little worried about 2 things. Tape residue left behind(usually washes off with a little isopropyl alcohol, and whether the tape will pull the paint off the bezel.
    Understood your concern buddy but this marking tape only has one side stick and its stick to case-mate, so defintely will not damage Torch skin.

I only love case mate since this modification.
    11-19-10 10:11 AM
    I've been using that case since I bought my torch about a month ago, and I completely agree with you about.. well.. everything. haha.
    11-19-10 10:18 AM
    AHH i got ya. just used it as a pad between the phone and the case. I thought you were using it to stick the piece to your phone.
    11-19-10 10:19 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD