Can somebody PLEASE help with this goofy phone. This is my 3rd BB so I'm not new. But this thing is making me crazy.

If I take pics I can text them but can't email.
    and
    My phone is set to silent, but still rings.

Oh and I've tried sending through 3 different email accts.
    11-17-10 04:42 PM
    One thing at a time.

Go into media and then pictures. Highlight a picture that you have taken not one of the default "locked" homescreen backgrounds. Hit the BB Menu key and select "send...". There should be an option to send the pic as an attachment to an email. Send it to someone and tell us what happens.

The other way is to create anew email. With the cursor in the email body, hit the BB Menu key again and select "attach" then "picture". You should be taken to the pictures listing. Choose one that you have taken. Send the email...

As far as the sound issue, view the vibrate profile and look at phone. What are the settings?
    11-17-10 09:46 PM
    Make sure you have media card encryption turned off - it will prevent you from sending pictures, according to this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/he...light=pictures

Check out your silent profile and verify that the volume on the phone is set to silent...
    11-18-10 06:50 AM
    I've been reading where sending pics is somewhat carrier related, in so much as, the size limitation of the picture. Possibly, try taking them in a smaller resolution.
    I'm on ATT and can only send pics in the smallest resolution. Anything larger and I don't get the option to send.

As for the ringer... be sure you do not have a contact set up with a specific tone that rings even when you have selected the silent profile. To check... go to a contact>edit>custom ring tones/alerts/phone (and/or messages) and be sure they are all set to "active profile." If not, they will ring (at whatever volume level you have selected) no matter what setting the main ring profile is on.
    11-18-10 08:10 AM
    I've been reading where sending pics is somewhat carrier related, in so much as, the size limitation of the picture. Possibly, try taking them in a smaller resolution.
    I'm on ATT and can only send pics in the smallest resolution. Anything larger and I don't get the option to send.

As for the ringer... be sure you do not have a contact set up with a specific tone that rings even when you have selected the silent profile. To check... go to a contact>edit>custom ring tones/alerts/phone (and/or messages) and be sure they are all set to "active profile." If not, they will ring (at whatever volume level you have selected) no matter what setting the main ring profile is on.
    I'm on AT&T and I can send pics taken at the largest size/resolution as you can see in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/he...light=pictures
    11-18-10 10:21 AM
    I know you've mentioned it before Jeffreii and I wish I understood why you can and I can't. But trust me... if I take a picture on any resolution other than the smallest, I do not have the option to send. I can snap the same pic on med or large and can't send it but all I have to do is snap the same pic on low and wa-la, the option is there... go figure!
    11-18-10 10:55 AM
    I know you've mentioned it before Jeffreii and I wish I understood why you can and I can't. But trust me... if I take a picture on any resolution other than the smallest, I do not have the option to send. I can snap the same pic on med or large and can't send it but all I have to do is snap the same pic on low and wa-la, the option is there... go figure!
    Not that I see any reason why it should be related, but do you have media card encryption off?

Also, can you try saving your pictures to your 4GB internal phone storage instead of the media card - make a large picture and see if you can send it when you save it there instead of the MicroSD.
    11-18-10 11:12 AM
    I've never had media card encryption enabled on any of my devices.
    I've also never tried to save the pics to internal memory.
    I'll give that a shot and see... thanks.
    11-18-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD