How come? I am using AT&T and I don't change any settings. weird.

is this known issue?
    09-08-10 01:12 AM
    Basically I can receive an MMS to my phone as it comes as unread message, but then when I try to open the MMS, the phone does nothing, basically nothing, it's like buttons are not pressed.

I thought the phone freezed up, but when I click the BB menu button, it opens up a menu, I choose open, but it won't open, basically like it's doing nothing.

Then after that, I want to reply SMS to the originator who sent me MMS, but still, nothing, I can't even send SMS to the originator, unless I delete the whole conversation, which I did...

Anyone experience this? I think this is SW issue, but maybe HW too?? My phone is perfect to me so far except this issue. I have a week to return within 30 days window.

Thanks.
    09-08-10 10:39 AM
    Personally i haven't experienced this issue at all...i would recommend a battery pull first of all...if that doesn't work then try updating to the latest os, I believe its .241 works a lot better than the original os and if that fails (which it shouldn't this sounds like a software issue not a hardware issue) then take it back.
    09-08-10 11:05 AM
    I already did everything I could (twice reset the phone, first using shift-alt-del and second battery pull), except upgrading to .241, which I won't do until BB officially release it on their own website.
    09-08-10 11:07 AM
    I already did everything I could (twice reset the phone, first using shift-alt-del and second battery pull), except upgrading to .241, which I won't do until BB officially release it on their own website.
    I have exactly the same problem - had to delete thread, then SMS works fine, but if my friend sends the same MMS, it happens again exactly the same way... Aaargghhhh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 03:47 PM
    when was .241 released? and I never had that problem running .141

You might want to reconsider updating to one of the leaked versions or you maybe waiting awhile for an official carrier release.

Looks like the latest is still 6.0.0.225... I did a google search for .241 and looks like its just a typo for .214

Again I would highly recommend downloading .225 it fixes a LOT of the issues people were having from .141/.161
    Last edited by jstarett; 09-18-10 at 04:13 PM.
    09-18-10 04:06 PM
    to those having problems... which i'm not having and the other 3 people in the house who have Torch doesn't have the same problems you have..
    i suggest a call to AT&T is in order.
    it seems the problem is in their end, not with the phone
    09-18-10 04:28 PM
    mark_rivers19, it's NOT the carrier problem because eudorauser is using Vodafone.
    09-18-10 06:22 PM
    mark_rivers19, it's NOT the carrier problem because eudorauser is using Vodafone.
    Yup, and I also thought it might be because I was abroad at the time - I'm back in the UK and it's not... I think it's a specific format of MMS picture, as my friend has sent me other MMSs today that didn't crash it....
    09-21-10 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD