Dear Forum,

Running 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105) on BB Torch 9800.

I can't hear incoming callers on handset mode but speakerphone works. The caller can hear me on both modes. Have done the following but to no avail:

- Wiped BB
    - Removed battery and rebooted
    - Removed 3rd party applications

Please advise.
    12-06-10 07:36 AM
    The volume is a little low but no lower then my old curve 8310. Dumb question but have you turned the volume up using the side keys during a call?

If none of these work, then I would have to say it's either your device is defective or your ears are defective.

Edit:
    Just thought about this while on the phone with my mom.

You know I also find that if I don't have the phone directly over your ear that the volume sucks. Perhaps trying moving it around on your ear a bit.
    Last edited by homer1475; 12-06-10 at 07:47 AM.
    bracula likes this.
    12-06-10 07:44 AM
    Volume is up. No sound at all.
    12-06-10 08:09 AM
    Volume is up. No sound at all.
    Have you checked whether bluetooth is on or off? If you forget to shut it off, it may be redirecting the call audio to bluetooth instead of the phone's earpiece. I've done that.
    bracula likes this.
    12-06-10 08:19 AM
    Bluetooth is off. Still no sound.
    12-06-10 09:12 AM
    Had you plugged in a set of earphones recently?
    I had a BB once that didn't return to speaker after removing the earphone plug.
    A couple of quick re-inserts/removals fixed it.
    bracula likes this.
    12-06-10 10:38 AM
    Just did. I can hear through the earphones but still doesn't work without the earphones after a quick inserts/removals.
    I suspect it could be related to upgrading the OS.
    12-06-10 11:19 AM
    Just did. I can hear through the earphones but still doesn't work without the earphones after a quick inserts/removals.
    I suspect it could be related to upgrading the OS.
    When I was running .246 (already on my phone when I got it from ATT) I never experienced your problem. If you upgraded to the .246, try to reinstall it again. If that is not the issue, then its time to make a trip back to your carrier to get a new phone. It may be a defect in your phone more than an OS issue.
    bracula likes this.
    12-06-10 12:50 PM
    Have you dropped your phone recently? I dropped my iPhone and it caused all kinds of speaker issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bracula likes this.
    12-06-10 12:53 PM
    Either revert back to the previous build you had, or try upgrading to the .337 build. If neither works given what everyone else has suggested regarding the vole settings and plugging and replugging and removing earbuds and such, you may have a defective phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bracula likes this.
    12-06-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD