i've installed it, deleted vendor xml file, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, restarted my laptop, battery pulled my torch and nada! i cant get dm to prompt me about the new update, and apploader is no better! anyone have any ideas??
    06-21-11 06:37 PM
    I'll assume you have done updates in the past and know what you are doing. Seems like you have tried the common fixes.
    Does DM6 recognize the phone is connected? Will it run manual phone backups?
    You shouldn't have needed to delete the vendor file in a leaked OS.
    Try reloading the latest DM6 that came out a few days ago.
    06-21-11 06:45 PM
    yes, it does recognize the connection. should i delete all of the previous versions that i have on my laptop? would that make a difference?
    06-21-11 07:07 PM
    yes, it does recognize the connection. should i delete all of the previous versions that i have on my laptop? would that make a difference?
    Normally you don't need to but at this stage, try making everything BB as new and 'clean' as possible.
    06-21-11 07:29 PM
    so what OS is on your Berry?
    06-21-11 08:23 PM
    Have disconnected from the internet and then delete the vendor.xml and stay disconnected?
    06-21-11 08:38 PM
    i've tried all the suggestions and still no go. still nothing. my current os is 6.0.0.570.
    06-21-11 09:18 PM
    Windows Vista? 7? Have you searched for vendor.xml in the start menu? Sometimes it is in other locations. Tried turning uac off?

Just trying to think of anything to help you other than wiping.
    06-21-11 09:26 PM
    it is a leak. no need to remove the vendor file.

600 is the only load you have on your PC? if the loader comes up and lists anything other than just your installed applications, it see the load. If that is all it lists, it cannot see the load. Are you running the loader or DM as admin?
    06-21-11 09:43 PM
    it is a leak. no need to remove the vendor file.

600 is the only load you have on your PC? if the loader comes up and lists anything other than just your installed applications, it see the load. If that is all it lists, it cannot see the load. Are you running the loader or DM as admin?
    Since when unless it's a leak from your carrier?
    06-22-11 04:59 AM
    Since forever. The vendor file in a leaked OS is empty. Open it and look. Compare it to an official Carrier released vendor file which is full of information. Information you don't want unless its your own carrier.
    I never delete leaked OS vendor files and I usually install with DM.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 06-22-11 at 08:17 AM. Reason: added 'Carrier released'
    NightSlayer likes this.
    06-22-11 08:13 AM
    Hummm, seems to be so much on here about deleting it. I guess that is only necessary when installing another carriers official?
    06-22-11 08:25 AM
    im on windows 7. i've deleted vendor file even though its not necessary, uninstalled the .600 leak and reinstalled again. uninstalled dm 6.1 and reinstalled, still nothing. ive actually been having this issue since i upgraded to dm 6.1, worked fine before then but i was having the same issue with the .576 official os release. any way to roll back to the previous dm version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 09:31 AM
    Don't use DM to install the OS. Navigate to the loader.exe and use that instead.

On another note, does Dm even recognize you plugged in your phone?
    06-22-11 09:48 AM
    Don't use DM to install the OS. Navigate to the loader.exe and use that instead.

On another note, does Dm even recognize you plugged in your phone?
    Read his posts. He says AppLoader didn't work either and that DM recognized the phone as being connected.

I'm at a loss. Perhaps try rolling back to an earlier OS, then restart everything and see if your prompted to upgrade to anything (.570 or .600).

iany way to roll back to the previous dm version?
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...93E4F3BB068C22
    Last edited by JasW; 06-22-11 at 10:23 AM.
    06-22-11 10:18 AM
    When downloading the file, you may have caused a corruption within the Operating System itself. Try delete and re-downloading it.

06-22-11 10:24 AM
    This new BDM 6.1.0.35 has some problems in updating OS and recognising n connecting BB. Even, it creates problem with BBSAK in connecting the device. Once device is connected with BDM even after disconnecting or exiting BDM, it remains connected. Probably, this has been provided for better sync with Playbook. I had to install previous BDM 6.1.0.20 and OS updation has been smooth.
    06-22-11 11:40 AM
    Just wipe the device (back up first) with BBSAK. then use app loader to load the new OS.

BUT...

why bother? there isnt anything new or worth updating, just another plain and empty OS, nothing new
    06-22-11 02:17 PM
    Maybe for another thread but how does a person get the 507 on a working phone when bbsak or any other of the utilities will not work to do it because they will not recognize the phone either?
    06-22-11 02:58 PM
    leaks have always been this way to my knowledge. usually the files are empty. now if running another carriers official load, you must delete it for sure.
    06-22-11 03:43 PM
    ok this is most likely not a device issue. do you have a password by any chance? I would say install one as a test on your device.

take backups via DM and reboot your PC.

Once it is back up plug in your device and launch the app loader. hit cancel on any password prompt you may get. Ensure you are running apploader as admin. Apploader will come up and see you PIN and after hitting next ask you for a password. Enter it. As it scans your device you may get another prompt for a password ( a little window may appear vs entering it directly into apploader). Cancel the pw prompt. apploader should then finish scanning your device. you should be able to finish from there. that little pw prompt is DM. If you enter a pw and hit ok, it will take over the port making apploader fail.
    06-22-11 03:48 PM
    Ok Here My quick Fix (i had the same problem as well with one of my Bold 9780, but mine was a bit deeper my DM didn't recognize the Phone at all)

1. Uninstall all of your Previous OS's installed in your PC
    2. Re Download the Os from the #The BlackBerry OS
    3. Clean your Registry with this program Ccleaner (when asked to back up your Reg. do a backup)
    4. Restart you PC (the reg are now clean of any unwanted or left over reg from previous instals or uninstalls)
    5. Install your Os on PC (delete the vendor if needed)
    6. Connect your Device (when prompted for Password enter it)
    7. Dm will find a new OS in to your system and it will ask to Update click skip or cancel.
    8. Go to or Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon ->
    Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader/Click on Loader.exe(delete vendor.xml if necessary)
    9. Let the OS recognize you phone his doing the thing there (green bar)
    10. it will open a new window and you will see a list of Apps you will wanna install in you Device chose what you want to install and hit Done.(let the phone doing his thing after all the install the long loading bar will appear)

Good Luck !

I did this things as well and it worked perfect. If non of this things work then im sorry you have to go to see an IT guy or who ever knows how to.
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 06-22-11 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Foget the link for Reg Cleaner
    06-22-11 04:44 PM
    I guess that could be it. I run cc on a regular basis anyway...

06-22-11 05:12 PM
    Are you installing an AT&T official OS?
    06-22-11 05:24 PM
    @BeLO - Just grasping at straws now but what happens if you do a full device 'Security Wipe' (sans media card) before you connect to DM6?
    06-23-11 08:25 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD