Seriously! There really isn't a quick way to disable emails from coming to my Torch? I sit in front of my Outlook for most of the day - only need the email to my BB when I leave or in the evening. And there seems to be A LOT of us that need this. Am I missing something?

There's got to be an app for this. Ideally, it would just toggle on/off my email accounts. Sounds simple to me.

Solution?
    02-04-11 06:40 PM
    I agree!!

JP
    02-04-11 06:42 PM
    Just silence emails during the day, when you read it in outlook it will mark it read on the BB too if you're on BES. If you're on BIS you have to mark it read to get rid of the new message indicator but would you rather get 100 emails at 5:00PM on your way home to sync the mailboxes?
    02-04-11 06:58 PM
    Go to your inbox then Options/Email Filters then uncheck If no filters apply send email to handheld. This will stop all email from coming to your Blackberry unless you've set up a filter saying otherwise.

I use this all the time and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 07:06 PM
    I don't see the same thing as you stewartj1, but I found what you are talking about, by going in Setup, then Email Account, then pressing the menu button the filter option was there. Then selecting "Do not forward messages to the device" under the "When no filters apply:" text appear.
    02-04-11 07:30 PM
    Why don't you just remove the e-mail address from your phone?
    02-05-11 03:17 PM
    Why don't you just remove the e-mail address from your phone?
    I think OP is looking for a quick and convenient way to temporarily toggle on/off incoming email.

02-05-11 06:41 PM
    Push email is the best on BB. For me is no problem I love how email works on the bb but when I dont want the bb to disturbe me I just put it on silence mode anyway the led always let me know when something new comes around.

02-05-11 07:01 PM
    Seriously! There really isn't a quick way to disable emails from coming to my Torch? I sit in front of my Outlook for most of the day - only need the email to my BB when I leave or in the evening. And there seems to be A LOT of us that need this. Am I missing something?

There's got to be an app for this. Ideally, it would just toggle on/off my email accounts. Sounds simple to me.

Solution?
    If you are sitting at your desk the only thing you would use your phone for would be calls and MAYBE SMS messages. If this is the case just turn off the data, it is in the options somewhere I know. Then delete the e-mails you want from Outlook before you leave, and the ones you need to sync to your phone will when you turn the data option back on when you leave the office.

Found it, it is under Options>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>Data Service On/Off
    02-05-11 08:04 PM
    If you are sitting at your desk the only thing you would use your phone for would be calls and MAYBE SMS messages. If this is the case just turn off the data, it is in the options somewhere I know. Then delete the e-mails you want from Outlook before you leave, and the ones you need to sync to your phone will when you turn the data option back on when you leave the office.

Found it, it is under Options>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>Data Service On/Off
    what if he wants his other email to come throughout the day, or facebook, twitter ETC? cutting of the data connection will affect alot more than just that email account.

The solution stewart mention above isnt bad. I also think there is an app developed that can do this. I wanna say toysoft did it.
    02-05-11 08:17 PM
    I don't want my emails coming to my phone when I'm home. I go into my email settings and set the filter to not push emails to the device. I get no emails to my phone. If I am out and about and want my emails pushed, I just quickly change that one little setting and my emails start getting pushed to me. It's an acceptable option for me..just takes a few seconds to change it.
    ajwalker likes this.
    02-05-11 08:50 PM
    I remember seeing an app a couple months ago that let you turn of an account to your device when ever you choose. I wish I could remember what it was!it's out there, somewhere. Please repost when you find it?

02-05-11 09:11 PM
    How about if you use ur BB to check the Email and not Outlook since there is no solution to what you are asking for. I do that and also do every that I would do on outlook on my bb (I.e reply to an email) and it works fine for me unless you want to do specific thing on outllok that the bb can't do.

02-05-11 09:12 PM
    Found the app i was talking about

StopMail_PRO - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

hope this helps you out
    ajwalker likes this.
    02-05-11 09:21 PM
    It would be nice to disable incoming emails.

I have the same accounts set up in Outlook as are on my BB. (My home email addresses.) When I'm at home, I don't need my BB getting the emails. It's annoying having the little red light blink in front of me when I just read the same email in Outlook.
    02-06-11 12:38 AM
    Enable firewall and tick block personal or enterprise emails boxes, done!

02-06-11 03:46 AM
    I think someone may have already mentioned something like this, but how about creating a profile that has all the settings you want for phone calls, etc, only disabling sounds and the LED for emails? Then you could use a program like Ring Scheduler to automatically switch to that profile whenever you're at work or whatever other time you don't want the LED/sounds going off, or just change it manually when you feel like it. Of course the emails will still come and you will see them in the notification area, but unless you look you won't know about it.
    02-06-11 12:40 PM
    All I want is a button in my email app to pause downloading emails. Simple.

I don't want to screw around with schedules, I don't want to poke around in firewall settings each time...
    02-08-11 11:58 AM

I don't want to screw around with schedules, I don't want to poke around in firewall settings each time...
    Agreed. Email on, email off. Simple, easy to use.
    02-08-11 12:17 PM

That defeats the porpoise of push email.
    02-08-11 01:34 PM
    That defeats the porpoise of push email.
    This... It's the equivalent of setting up EAS (an entire server dedicated to pushing emails to you) but then wanting to toggle it at will.

You might as well use the web portals for checking your email, or the Gmail app instead of push email entirely...

That or just download an entirely new email client that polls when you want, because you obviously do not want push...
    02-08-11 01:40 PM
    When I am not at home/work sitting in front of my computer, push email is great. When I am sitting in front of my computer I don't need all my email pushed to my blackberry then show up in Outlook.

Simple on/off feature. Push/don't push.
    02-08-11 05:51 PM
    Isn't it just as easy to use a different profile to suppress the led/sound notifications? Otherwise BIS will push all the emails to your device regardless once you turn email push back on anyways...
    02-08-11 06:01 PM
    What would be really nice is the email on/off button to stop BIS from checking my ISP's email account.

For example, I am sitting here browsing the internet and my phone starts indicating I have an email. I hit send/receive in Outlook and in comes a thread reply notification for this thread.

Do I really need that on my BlackBerry?? No. If I could just stop BIS from checking my email while I am sitting in front of Outlook on my computer, I'd be much happier.
    02-08-11 06:05 PM
    This is too funny - while all of these solutions and suggestion may work, I just want a simple EMAIL ON/OFF app. Maybe even a scheduler where I can say "Accept email to my BB from 5:30pm to 7:00am".

That's it. . . nothing more.

I don't want to mess with my settings, firewall, push this, push that BIS, etc. every time. Why the heck isn't there an app for this? Anyone? Please?
    02-09-11 06:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD