Hello,

I've just bought an unlocked Torch 9800, to replace my 9700.
    I went to add again all email addresses: I have 2.

The first one (@gmail.com) was added successfully, and I can receive/send emails without any issue.

The second one is hosted on Google Apps (so it's like [email protected], but uses GMail's infrastructure and servers). It was working perfectly on the 9700, but now every time I try to add it again (either telling the BIS it's a GMail account or by adding it as a "normal" IMAP email), I get an error like:
    "Email address or password invalid:
    Please verify your email address and your password. Provided information are not correct. If the error persists, contact mydomain.com (your email service provider)"

This is really strange! I checked the password 20 000 times, and I even changed it twice, but still it's not working at all.

I tried to call my carrier (Vodafone IT): they created a BIS username for me and told me to try again from the web panel. It's not working from there as well.

Of course, on that email account IMAP is enabled, and I can log in successfully.

Even more, I was able to add another email address on the same domain (like [email protected]), and that is working perfectly: so, it's not an issue with IMAP servers etc...

Can someone please help me? I need to make this to work!
    11-12-10 07:39 AM
    My google domain email works perfect for me. I would say login and change your pass then try to reset it up in the torch. I have often had this problem, pressing and holding the keys for a moment makes it capitol, since it makes your pass all **** you never really know what was typed, making your pass invalid. Perhaps that is your issue?
    11-12-10 07:51 AM
    Thank you for your (quick!) answer...

Actually, it's working for me to... except with 1 email address!

[email protected] is working
    [email protected] is working (with mydomain.com hosted on Google Apps)
    but [email protected] is NOT working

I do not think it is a problem of capitalization, as I cannot add it even using the web panel (on a PC!). And if I check "Show password", I see it typed correctly...
    11-12-10 07:58 AM
    Try this...

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

When I was trying to add my girlfriend's gmail to her new Torch, nothing would work to add it to the BIS (BB interface, BlackBerry web interface), but she was able to log in OK and change her password through the Google's web interface. Even with the changed password, she was unable to log in/add the account in the BIS.

(An) Answer Source: BIS (blackberry internet service) not accepting (correct) username and password - Gmail Help
    Last edited by mykey2k; 11-12-10 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Adding Source
    11-12-10 01:17 PM
    I tried that, but seems it is not working.
    My account is not a GMail one, but uses Google Apps...
    That page tells me "account name or password wrong" (again: the password is correct, so it must be the fact it is @mydomain.com ).
    I can login using the web browser (I logout then login again: it works, and doesn't request me captchas).

I believe that, should my account be blocked, I would see that in the Google Apps control panel; instead, everything's normal...

I really don't know what else to do!
    11-12-10 01:53 PM
    I was hoping it would be the same for Google Apps and Gmail... I did a little searching and came up with this...

Give this a shot... you'll have to add your domain name in there:

Code:
    https://www.google.com/a/YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME_HERE/UnlockCaptcha
    11-12-10 01:56 PM
    Doesn't matter.
    I tried once again and this time... It simply worked.
    I really don't know what happened... However, now I have it working: that's all I care about.

Thank you for all your help!
    11-12-10 01:57 PM
    Hi EgoAleSum,

Do you remember what you have done in order to get it working?
    I am facing this problem with a particular blackberry set on specific carrier.
    However other blackberry sets on the same carrier or different carrier working on the same mail server.
    So is definitely something with the phone.
    Anybody can help with this case?
    Regards,
    02-03-11 06:21 PM
    Hi EgoAleSum,

Do you remember what you have done in order to get it working?
    I am facing this problem with a particular blackberry set on specific carrier.
    However other blackberry sets on the same carrier or different carrier working on the same mail server.
    So is definitely something with the phone.
    Anybody can help with this case?
    Regards,
    Hi

I think I've never understood how I managed to get this working Or maybe I just don't remember!

Did you try unlocking your account?
    https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    or
    https://www.google.com/a/YOUR_DOMAIN.../UnlockCaptcha
    for Google Apps users
    02-04-11 09:15 AM
    Am having similar problem with my domain emails. Gmail works fine. Its not hosted on google. My ISP has no clue. Have changed SIM and phones to no avail.
    06-05-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD