hey guys,

So my month old Bold 9900 just recently bricked (starting to regret getting this phone). I was able to bring it back once loading a new OS after many many attempts, but it died again on me the next day.

I had decided to go back to my torch 9800 but for some reason this phone won't turn on either?! Blk screen, red blinking light. I hooked it up to charge but nothing happens except for the red light.

I tried to wipe and load a new OS but apploader does not recognize a compatible OS on my desktop (I DLed an OS file, and installed). Also when I try to connect it to DM, my computer does not recognize the phone. There is no reboot???

AS it sits now, i have a black screen with a battery icon and a red X across it. Any help on whats going on? I thought it was just my bold 9900...
    12-25-11 05:19 PM
    ok nvm! this can be deleted!

after many attempts it finally recognized the phone and it is rebooting now. Thanks!

now to find a way to bring back my 9900....
    12-25-11 06:23 PM
    Any BB can be bricked, but if one simply remains calm, hopefully has backed unit up on a regular basis using both BB Desktop and BBSAK for third party applications, unit can be made as new......it's a pita and takes a while, but if you follow instructions posted hundreds of times on the boards and are patient, you will have an as new BB. Only problems that arise are usually inability to follow instructions, and getting keys for 3rd party apps if you weren't sharp enough to keep a record of them.

hey guys,
    So my month old Bold 9900 just recently bricked (starting to regret getting this phone). I was able to bring it back once loading a new OS after many many attempts, but it died again on me the next day.

I had decided to go back to my torch 9800 but for some reason this phone won't turn on either?! Blk screen, red blinking light. I hooked it up to charge but nothing happens except for the red light.

I tried to wipe and load a new OS but apploader does not recognize a compatible OS on my desktop (I DLed an OS file, and installed). Also when I try to connect it to DM, my computer does not recognize the phone. There is no reboot???

AS it sits now, i have a black screen with a battery icon and a red X across it. Any help on whats going on? I thought it was just my bold 9900...
    12-26-11 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD