Hey Everyone,

I used to be able to sync all my contacts with my 9700 bold, but now since I received the torch, it is giving me an error saying I should look at the desktop manager information. with a # that says KB14545 error or whatever...

What should I do to sync my contacts....
    p.s. Google sync sucks, it re-duplicated my contacts making me have 1400 contacts when I only have 170. haha... help!
    08-14-10 06:20 AM
    Hey Everyone,

I used to be able to sync all my contacts with my 9700 bold, but now since I received the torch, it is giving me an error saying I should look at the desktop manager information. with a # that says KB14545 error or whatever...

What should I do to sync my contacts....
    p.s. Google sync sucks, it re-duplicated my contacts making me have 1400 contacts when I only have 170. haha... help!
    I have had the same problem. I have tried deleting the Blackberry data on the Mac with no success. I did get the contacts over to the Torch though but cannot sync them. What I did was backed up my Bold, backing up only the address book, then I plugged in the Torch and restored. It worked fine. I still need to fix the sync issue, but in the meantime I have my contacts.
    08-14-10 09:34 AM
    +1 here.
    my quick fix is to restore from my backup ( BOLD)
    then on syncing..
    i'm leaving the contacts ( not to sync)
    and everything is doing ok.. for now..
    im getting the same error message as well..
    tried searching the forum but their fixes don't solve the problem
    08-14-10 09:39 AM
    I have had the same problem. I have tried deleting the Blackberry data on the Mac with no success. I did get the contacts over to the Torch though but cannot sync them. What I did was backed up my Bold, backing up only the address book, then I plugged in the Torch and restored. It worked fine. I still need to fix the sync issue, but in the meantime I have my contacts.
    yes, that is what I did too... but I need to sync them via desktop manager you know... ! Ah! i love the torch too but this problem is really getting to me
    08-14-10 11:41 AM
    I just played around more and used the uninstall app from Blackberry, then deleted all associated files and backups and it still didn't work. Eventually there will be a fix but it is annoying.
    08-14-10 12:48 PM
    I'm having these same problems and am really upset that these kind of problems are happening. Between this annoyance and the fact that many of my most frequent apps are not compatible with OS6, I'm really considering returning the Torch. If RIM wants to get back in the game, they really need to step it up. I've had 10+ devices and this is getting ridiculous.
    08-14-10 03:43 PM
    is that 10+ of blackberries in general?
    or 10+ of Torches..
    i don't think i'll be adding a lot of contacts everyday..
    so i'm happy it's just the address book and not the calendar.
    This is something expected with a first generation device like the Torch
    08-14-10 03:50 PM
    10+ Blackberries over the years. While I agree that there are always some issues with first generation devices, there seems to be many things that were overlooked -- not able to sync contacts with Mac, numerous application issues (e.g. I can't get Facebook feeds on the new social feeds app), and far too many apps overall that won't work with OS6. It is not this hard to upgrade to other new phones or OS's...
    08-14-10 04:05 PM
    . It is not this hard to upgrade to other new phones or OS's...

i feel your pain.. although i own a Mac as well..
    this reminds me of Windows 7..
    08-14-10 04:37 PM
    Is this happen on the new 1.0.4 Desk Manager?
    08-14-10 05:39 PM
    Is this happen on the new 1.0.4 Desk Manager?
    Yes, sir unfortunately. ha.
    08-14-10 07:29 PM
    Glad I saw this post. Just purchased my Torch today and was unable to sync contacts on my MAC either. Received the same warning message.
    08-14-10 08:37 PM
    Can't stand this... RIM better fix it.
    08-15-10 03:36 AM
    Missing Sync works just fine with my Torch so far, contacts, music, notes, etc..
    08-15-10 10:09 PM
    Missing Sync works just fine with my Torch so far, contacts, music, notes, etc..
    Hmmm... interesting. I have always used the DM but if Missing Sync is working then I may actually defect. DM worked fine with the Bold. Everything works with the Torch except the contacts.

Did you switch from another Blackberry? If so, did you have it synced with the Mac?
    08-16-10 08:54 AM
    Same problem. Also I am unable to organize my contacts by last name. I have changed the feature in the phone, saved it, but the change does not apply. Does one have something to do with the other? Thoughts? Thanks all! Looking forward to the fix
    08-16-10 03:54 PM
    Hmmm... interesting. I have always used the DM but if Missing Sync is working then I may actually defect. DM worked fine with the Bold. Everything works with the Torch except the contacts.

Did you switch from another Blackberry? If so, did you have it synced with the Mac?
    yeah, I had a 9700 bold... how do I sync my Torch or Mac to recognize contacts?
    08-16-10 05:09 PM
    The gmail sync being slow/non-responsive is a very common issue!

I would download a sync/backup app to work through. There are plenty of free ones in the Blackberry App World that work great for syncing contacts and data, as well as backing everything up...
    08-16-10 06:00 PM
    The gmail sync being slow/non-responsive is a very common issue!

I would download a sync/backup app to work through. There are plenty of free ones in the Blackberry App World that work great for syncing contacts and data, as well as backing everything up...
    Yeah, but I would like one that doesn't duplicate my contacts!
    08-16-10 10:11 PM
    is this just a problem for people who have had blackberries before or for all torches on the mac?

I am currently a user of the original iPhone and desperately need a change to a new phone. I was thinking of the torch, but if it won't work with my mac, I'll wait or go with another option.
    08-17-10 12:43 AM
    All I had to do was update by BBM to the latest version and all my contacts came over nicely. The mac desktop manager has a sync for notes, can anyone tell me where to find them? I use enterouge. Thanks.
    08-17-10 08:32 AM
    OK I GOT THE FIX - AFTER HOURS WASTED ON THE PHONE! You have to upgrade your Blackberry MESSENGER application on your device (yes, Messenger, not Blackberry Desktop Manager). After doing this, the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager syncs with Mac's Address book just fine. And I was one inch from trading it in for an iPhone!
    09-02-10 04:34 PM
    @harrypflueger

at least you only wasted hours..
    i had the torch since aug 12 and i only learned about the work around a week ago.. after figuring out how to solve the error kb19454 issue
    09-02-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD