I have decided to do a security wipe on my Blackberry Torch.
    I used a hybrid and I had file error (6) after taking pix.
    I went back to .450 it didnt go away.
    I decided to reformat both device memory and card.
    Then, a security wipe.
    It has been almost three hours and it's still 'erasing information'.

Is says 'WARNING!- Do not pull the battery until erasing complete.
    But I want to use the phone because I have to leave home and meet friends in half an hour.
    So, can i do a batt pull and reload os through apploader(leak)???
    What will happen if I do
    ?

Yeah, i didnt know it was gonna take this long. I should have checked about it first
    03-19-11 06:55 PM
    Pull the battery, then replace. Allow the device to reboot and see what if any error message you get. Also, try using something like BBSAK, Crackutil, BB Boss to backup third party apps then use same utility to perform the wipe.
    arjae_rj likes this.
    03-19-11 07:24 PM
    In general, you should never need to do a security wipe, but if you do, make sure you have plenty of time, because it is a multi-stage wipe that has to run to completion (ie, if you pull the battery, the wipe will just restart where it left off when you put it back in) before you can do anything else with the device..

If you had content protection (encryption) enabled, the security wipe starts by throwing away the keys (which is in theory good enough, as long as the keys cannot be recovered), then it does a quick wipe of the device memory, and then it goes through a US DoD-approved multi-pass pattern erase.. The first two stages happen virtually instantaneously, but it's the mil-standard erase to absolutely guarantee that you can't recover anything at all that takes forever..
    arjae_rj likes this.
    03-19-11 07:25 PM
    Thank you guys for your help.
    I really appreciate the responses you gave.
    Thanks again for the help
    03-22-11 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD