I get so tired of looking for an old text, only to find out its been pushed off the back of the list. Any way to prevent this?
    12-20-10 04:34 PM
    You could copy them onto your SD card.
    12-20-10 05:20 PM
    Do you mean it's pushed back to the top of the conversation or all the way at the bottom of the conversation list?
    Btw the title of this post doesn't really fit the subject.
    12-20-10 05:21 PM
    The title *does* fit, apparently I have not explained properly. It seems as though there is an allotted amount of "storage space" for text messages. By "pushed off the back of the list" I meant that the text message are automatically deleted after a certain date, or number of texts or something. On my old 8330 I had an option for how long to keep text messages and I had it set for "forever". OS6 has a totally different (but much better) text messaging interface where texts are sorted by name. Let's say I have 200 texts to/from dave, 100 texts to/from laurie, 50 texts to from joe, etc.... Those numbers weont stay, texts will start disappearing "off the back of the list" as I get texts from other people. I actually have a few "empty conversations" which used to have texts in them, but those texts have disappeared either due to age, or doe to a memory thing. This is what I am trying to figure out ....hope I have clarified my question
    12-20-10 05:49 PM
    that's annoying, its one thing I was hoping the Torch would not do seeing as it has so much internal memory. My 9000 used to delete them when it was running out of memory. There's enough space on these devices now they should archive everything if the space is there
    12-20-10 07:33 PM
    That actually helps. Thank you for explaining.
    Now. Go to Messages (all messages or your email account). Go to Options. Go to Message Display and actions. Now scroll to the bottom. Last options is to keep messages. Choose Forever. Done.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by hectorjr; 12-20-10 at 07:44 PM.
    bookemdano likes this.
    12-20-10 07:42 PM
    In Messages Options "Message Display and Actions" do you have it set to keep messages Forever (last item in this list)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 07:44 PM
    That actually helps. Thank you for explaining.
    Now. Go to Messages (all messages or your email account). Go to Options. Go to Message Display and actions. Now scroll to the bottom. Last options is to keep messages. Choose Forever. Done.
    Hope that helps.
    Wow. Dude. That's awesome. Lol, I didn't realize I had that whole"messaging menu". I never use the actual "messages" icon, I use the "text messages" icon, and the few email icons I have. I've gone to options in text messages to no avail, but here the damn menu was in a portion of the phone I wasn't even using ....nice. Thanks man!
    12-20-10 07:56 PM
    sorry, i assumed you were on "keep forever" like my old 9000 was
    12-20-10 08:02 PM
    Even if keep forever is checked, eventually the device will start to fill up and older messages will start to get deleted. There really is no way to stop it. Only other option is to use DM and backup just your messages, but I don't know anyone that has txt messages that are that important, and if they are just chose save. That way that specific message gets saved regardless of whether the device is full or not.
    12-21-10 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD