So we've been trying to sync a legacy Torch 9800 to Outlook using Blackberry Desktop Software. The experience has been miserable. There are tons of duplicated contacts, and conflicting contacts and BB Desktop doesn't seem to know how to properly sync or recognize what the same contact is. There has got to be a better way. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    06-11-15 08:50 PM
    I sync my Q5 contacts with BB Link and Outlook and recently had some similar issues. I think the problem starts with using slightly different formats when editing contacts in Outlook and on the phone. What I found was if I carefully compared the details of my Outlook contacts with my phone contacts, I could see where the differences were.

I edited the problem entries in both Outlook and on my phone so that the names and numbers were formatted and displayed exactly the same. I then deleted the "duplicate" entries that didn't match properly, leaving the ones that did match.

I checked to make sure I was configured for two way sync and ran my PC software again. Now everything matches exactly and I don't have any duplicates.
    I sync my Q5 contacts with BB Link and Outlook and recently had some similar issues. I think the problem starts with using slightly different formats when editing contacts in Outlook and on the phone. What I found was if I carefully compared the details of my Outlook contacts with my phone contacts, I could see where the differences were.

I edited the problem entries in both Outlook and on my phone so that the names and numbers were formatted and displayed exactly the same. I then deleted the "duplicate" entries that didn't match properly, leaving the ones that did match.

I checked to make sure I was configured for two way sync and ran my PC software again. Now everything matches exactly and I don't have any duplicates.
    06-12-15 01:32 AM
    Thanks for the info. How many contacts were you working with? How many had problems with the sync?
    06-12-15 09:18 PM
    I've got about 75 contacts and had to fix maybe half a dozen. Mostly just weeding out the inconsitancies and inadvertant duplicates.
    06-13-15 12:47 AM
    The easiest way is to delete all the contacts on the BB using Desktop manager.

Then delete the duplicates and get everything right in Outlook.

Then resync to the BB and all should be fine.
    06-13-15 12:51 AM
    Ok, at first I was shocked that you did it manually, but with 75 that was a fairly straight forward process then...I have well over 1000 contacts, so you can imagine how many duplicates it created. I don't know the exact number, but well over 200 dupes I'm sure. I ultimately used a program called Contacts Scrubber for Outlook which helped sort and delete the duplicates. Cost about $50. Wasn't the best, but it allowed me to get things organized in about an hour or so. There are other cloud-based programs and SaaS stuff, but we value our privacy so went with something onsite. Thanks again for everyone's help and input. Always appreciated!
    06-18-15 12:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...c-bbos-957967/

Not sure if this also related to Contacts syncing. Hth

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-18-15 01:37 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...c-bbos-957967/

Not sure if this also related to Contacts syncing. Hth

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    This was with an onsite Outlook 2007 machine....we don't use Outlook.com at all. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    06-18-15 03:45 AM