Like I said above, try changing the the setting to something other than auto focus. You won't have to pull the battery, it is software related to the best of my knowledge as switching settings fixed it for me when the issue would pop up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that as well and its not working. Someone from driphter.com is providing me with the camera files from another build to see if it works. I will keep everyone posted.
    10-14-10 07:54 PM
    I have same problem with you. To solve the problem you must re-install your OS software. I think you should try this....
    10-14-10 09:45 PM
    I have same problem with you. To solve the problem you must re-install your OS software. I think you should try this....
    I have done that three times. Which OS are you running?
    10-15-10 08:27 AM
    I have the problem, too

It seems to occur for me, in low light situations - the "mode" text inthe pic ends up saying "low light", and won't take a pic.

I'm on .246

I spent too much time, reinviting BBM contacts for my new device, and, getting activation keys. Before I try to exchange it at AT&T, I'll wait for a new OS build.
    10-15-10 10:50 AM
    I have the problem, too

It seems to occur for me, in low light situations - the "mode" text inthe pic ends up saying "low light", and won't take a pic.

I'm on .246

I spent too much time, reinviting BBM contacts for my new device, and, getting activation keys. Before I try to exchange it at AT&T, I'll wait for a new OS build.
    I thought this was a part of the problem too, but was not able to reproduce it. It has only happened maybe a handful of times to me at my house maybe 3 of those times and it was a low light room. I tried last night to put it too the test but couldn't reproduce it. I think an OS update will eventually fix this problem. For the fix I used it worked, but it could just be the light changing lol.

10-15-10 11:57 AM
    My camera is doing the same thing. It seems as tho my camera only takes pictures when in my house tho.
    12-06-10 07:05 PM
    This happens to me too. The only way I'm able to get the camera to work again is by a battery pull. I've discovered what I believe to be the cause for this for me tho....I have been accidentally hitting the button next to the camera icon...and it starts searching "for cureent location". Guess its a zoom or something, but once this is pressed, I can't get my camera back into normal mode without a pull. It even stops the touch screen button from taking pics, when I press it it shows me a picture that it took, after taking 8 seconds to take it, and the picture is not able to be viewed after I see a flash go off..... I stay away from that button immediate left of the camera icon, and have had no more issues

12-06-10 11:09 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD