I know it's been asked before but those were old posts and i'm not sure if anything new has came up to remove the stupid shutter sound! If there is let me know please, like can you hack into the phone to remove the sound file or something lol
    09-19-10 10:26 PM
    i asked about it just the other day. Nobody's found anything that works for the torch yet.
    09-19-10 10:39 PM
    There is one that was extremely buggy on 5.0... doubt it would work on 6.0
    09-19-10 10:48 PM
    i asked about it just the other day. Nobody's found anything that works for the torch yet.
    If QuickLaunch gets updated for the Torch I'd recommend it. QuickLaunch will run on the Torch, the camera mute isn't available for it.
    09-19-10 11:01 PM
    As genomos states, you will need to wait for a 3rd party app to disable the sound.

You need to understand the shutter sound isn't on the device as an annoyance, but rather to let people around you know you're taking a picture. Especially for use in private or privileged areas where cameras may not be permitted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 11:11 PM
    As genomos states, you will need to wait for a 3rd party app to disable the sound.

You need to understand the shutter sound isn't on the device as an annoyance, but rather to let people around you know you're taking a picture. Especially for use in private or privileged areas where cameras may not be permitted.

Absolutely correct. There is a place and time for everything though, I never understood why anyone would want to disable the shutter sound until I tried snapping pics of our 2-year-old on the fly with my BB, I can get one shot but as soon as she hears that shutter she stops what she's doing and starts hamming it up. Cute, but sometimes you just want a few of the cuteness that was happening before she knew there was a camera out lol

09-19-10 11:19 PM
    09-19-10 11:38 PM
    I understand why the shutter sound is there for and the reason why i don't want it is cuz when i'm in class the teacher doesn't allow us to take our own tests home and i want to keep track of what questions i got wrong and try to understand that question better but he doesn't allow us to take pictures of the test lol
    09-20-10 09:24 AM
    ... but he doesn't allow us to take pictures of the test lol
    Doesn't allow, but I want to anyway = why there is a shutter sound. Granted, it's for reasons different than yours in this example, but still the same base reason.
    09-20-10 09:52 AM
    I understand why the shutter sound is there for and the reason why i don't want it is cuz when i'm in class the teacher doesn't allow us to take our own tests home and i want to keep track of what questions i got wrong and try to understand that question better but he doesn't allow us to take pictures of the test lol
    sounds like your teacher is a fool.... holding back peoples educations.

cough every time you take a picture!
    or use the video camera sans video light.
    09-20-10 09:57 AM
    Why not just ask? It's actually a teacher's job to explain things.
    09-20-10 10:39 AM
    Trust me he's an ***** and doesn't know how to teach well. Oh wells hopefully something comes up for this lol if there was only a way to hack into the phone and see it's sound files and just remove the shutter sound. Or change it to something not so damn loud lol
    09-20-10 12:59 PM
    Trust me he's an ***** and doesn't know how to teach well. Oh wells hopefully something comes up for this lol if there was only a way to hack into the phone and see it's sound files and just remove the shutter sound. Or change it to something not so damn loud lol

Take a screen shot of the camera screen.
    CaptureIt is a free program that allows you to take snap shots of your BB screen. So launch your camera, aim at your shot, and instead of taking a picture, capture a screen shot.
    09-20-10 01:40 PM
    the app i have been using that adds a 'Mute' option to the menu and works on the camera and many other applications and also is free is CameraMute
    09-20-10 02:13 PM
    the app i have been using that adds a 'Mute' option to the menu and works on the camera and many other applications and also is free is CameraMute
    Does this work on OS6 and the BlackBerry Torch though?
    I used to have it on my old BB but it didn't seem to work on my Torch...
    09-20-10 02:30 PM
    Camera mute apps do not seem to work on the torch and/or OS 6.
    09-20-10 02:51 PM
    yhea it works for 9700 and i keep the OTA but the link is actual broken now and removed from the site.
    09-20-10 02:54 PM
    yhea it works for 9700 and i keep the OTA but the link is actual broken now and removed from the site.
    Oh, no. Anyone knows where to get this app CameraMute?
    Thanks.
    09-27-10 01:22 PM
    I have no clue if this works on the Torch/OS 6 (since it was delayed in Canada...) but with my 8310 if you make a call and while in the call open the camera there will be no shutter sound.
    09-27-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD