I've noticed other people were having this problem in the last couple OS upgrade threads but want to get more in depth in this.

The problem is after you take a picture, when you goto review it the screen is black for about a minute before it'll display the picture you just took. I do have a significant amount of pictures, but I always have and this just started about the 2nd or 3rd to last OS upgrade ago. I also never noticed anyone else complaining about this till now. Has anyone been able to come up with a diagnosis of "yes it's a bug within the new OSs" or "no you just have too many damn pictures (I have about 400)." In either scenario is there something that can be done other than removing the pics? I mean whats the point of having a bigger memory card then.
    06-10-11 12:05 PM
    I myself don't own the torch, but through owning a blackberry I have noticed that the more information a phone has to hold, the slower it will load. It's the same with computers and cameras. Although it could also be made even slower by the upgrade (even though upgrades are supposed to make it faster?) It could be to do with both, but I have the latest software on my Curve and I'm not experiencing any bug like this.
    06-10-11 01:04 PM
    I've noticed other people were having this problem in the last couple OS upgrade threads but want to get more in depth in this.

The problem is after you take a picture, when you goto review it the screen is black for about a minute before it'll display the picture you just took. I do have a significant amount of pictures, but I always have and this just started about the 2nd or 3rd to last OS upgrade ago. I also never noticed anyone else complaining about this till now. Has anyone been able to come up with a diagnosis of "yes it's a bug within the new OSs" or "no you just have too many damn pictures (I have about 400)." In either scenario is there something that can be done other than removing the pics? I mean whats the point of having a bigger memory card then.
    The picture I've just taken stays on the screen for a good ten seconds or so unless I delete it or hit the camera icon to take another picture. There is a lag, though, if I'm on the camera screen and I press the little icon of the last photo taken on the lower left. It's a few seconds, though, and the screen doesn't go completely black -- there is a "picture not displayed" type of icon. It does seem to be a recent development, but I can't recall when it started.

I also have slightly more than 400 photos on my memory card FWIW. You might want to try storing them in the internal memory -- I don't use it for anything myself, and 400 pics would only be about 1 GB of the 3.7 GB available. It might be quicker, I don't know.
    06-10-11 01:22 PM
    I do get the picture preview for 10 seconds. If I click the camera icon so I can get out of that and start working with the pic, I will get either the picture not displayed icon or no picture whatsoever for about 1 - 2 minutes. Its really really annoying. I don't want the pics on internal memory because i dont really want that cluttered up. I have a feeling thatll slow the phone down in general. Plus theres the convenience of being able to take the card out and pop it in the adapter and right into my laptop if need be.

I do remember someone suggesting moving the picures out of the Camera folder and into a new one. I tried that and the phone wasnt recognizing the new folder in the library so thats wasnt helpful. However I started playing with it again and I was successfuly able to see the new folder in the library. To make things better the camera folder is now empty and I took a picture and it worked with no delay. I will post up some screenshots of how I have this setup when im done playing around, organizing and setting this up the way I want.
    06-10-11 01:35 PM
    Solution:

Just plug the phone in or pop the media card into your comp. Take all pictures out of your camera folder (this is if you are using the media card) and move them into the pictures folder. This will move all of your pics into the "Picture Library" folder in your media library.

presto

no more pic preview delay
    bullguy likes this.
    06-10-11 01:59 PM
    I've had the same problem since I moved on from 448

I moved everything off the media card, formatted it and put everything back on but the bug is still there whenever I take new pictures.

Frustrating but eventually the pictures show if I go back to the home screen and then into the media tab and pictures
    06-10-11 05:21 PM
    I have well over 500 pictures on my media card> i have also noticed the couple second lag. What I have also noticed as JasW pointed out, that if you move the pictures to your internal memory rather then the media card the lag is almost non existent.
    06-10-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD