my Torch randomly started taking very blurry pics. last week, i was able to take a close up pic on "Auto" mode of the computer screen maybe 2 inches away and the pic was perfectly sharp. now its a blurred double image. i cant get the autofocus to adjust anymore. pics at a normal distance look ok, but close ups look very blurred. the phone wasnt dropped or damaged in any way. has anyone else had their camera go from taking perfect pics to basically losing autofocus. ive tried cleaning the plastic piece over the lens and under it and also wiping and reloading the OS. same issue. i just have ZERO luck with this damn phone. i guess ill have to warranty exchange this one too.
    03-01-11 01:33 AM
    My camera has been working fine. Have you downloaded anything lately or has the phone been in a damp environment?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 01:58 AM
    My camera has been working fine. Have you downloaded anything lately or has the phone been in a damp environment?

nope, nothing that wouldve affected it. i can see the autofocus trying to work a little bit but its nowhere near as much as it was before. pics taken closer than 2 feet of the subject are blurred.
    03-01-11 02:14 AM
    Warranty it is it sounds like.

03-01-11 02:16 AM
    Warranty it is it sounds like.

yea its just becoming a pain in the ***
    03-01-11 02:37 AM
    I agree. At least it's under warranty! Friendly reminder to do a back up on desktop manager before you take it in to get exchanged!

03-01-11 08:14 AM
    What OS are you running? I had huge camera problems on .248 but after an upgrade to .448 it works great.

03-01-11 08:32 AM
    Have you tried switching the camera to macro mode? Toggle from auto mode to close-up mode. Works for me on closer shots.

03-02-11 12:27 AM
    Have you tried switching the camera to macro mode? Toggle from auto mode to close-up mode. Works for me on closer shots.

i tried everything i knew in order to fix it. i was running .448, which worked great up until yesterday. i brought the phone to the at&t device repair center, along with my netbook and switched to a new phone on the spot. they get a kick out of me walking in with it and showing them what to do.

all is well now, my replacement is working fine. it was a hardware issue, not software.
    03-02-11 01:47 AM
    yeah im starting to have the same problem. It just won't focus even though it give me that green square which is supposed to tell me that it's in focus. But i can clearly see that it's not. Im hoping it's a .450 issue and not a hardware issue as my bold 9780 had a phenomenal camera.
    03-02-11 03:32 AM
    yeah im starting to have the same problem. It just won't focus even though it give me that green square which is supposed to tell me that it's in focus. But i can clearly see that it's not. Im hoping it's a .450 issue and not a hardware issue as my bold 9780 had a phenomenal camera.
    yea the green focus marks are there, and "work" but the lens wont physically adjust. well, it sort of does as i can see it trying to work, but it remains blurry. i think its a hardware issue as reloading the OS didnt work and it worked just fine for a few weeks with no issues.

the best camera ive ever had as of yet was one the 8900. i took an AMAZING pic with it and it was crystal clear even when zoomed in on a computer.
    03-02-11 03:49 AM
    My phone was a promo device, and I'm getting worried I won't be able to get it repaired, as no carrier sold the device.

It worked so well for me too, now its just a blurry, stationary focused piece of S#!T.

Damn
    03-03-11 03:23 PM
    Hey, true point-and-shoot!!! At least it's snappy!!

03-03-11 03:43 PM
    Tips: Use zoom instead if you are taking short range photo.
    03-03-11 11:39 PM
    Tips: Use zoom instead if you are taking short range photo.
    Tip: doesnt work, i tried that. the auto focus in general was bad so when zoomed in, it was still blurry. besides, digital zoom sucks.
    03-04-11 08:30 PM
    Dear blackberry users,

Unfortunately i have this problem on my Bold 9780. I googled the problem and this was the only topic i found on the internet. First i had the dubble input issue with me 9780, and now this irritating problem.
    I hope so that there will be a software fix for this, because i dont feel like sending my phone to the warranty service for another 5 weeks :@

Does anyone else have still this problem?

Kind Regards,

Arshaad

11-15-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD