i recently lost my blackberry and had to get a replacement.. i took a few pictures with the new phone and noticed that the pictures are noticeably grainy in quality.

i checked the settings for the camera and everything looks fine to me (set to maximum resolution). the replacement phone is a refurbished one that used to belong to my boss.. he sent it away to have it repaired (i don't think the issue was camera-related) and that's the one they sent to me for my replacement.

i noticed there were other pictures left on the phone from when my boss had it, and from what i recall they all looked fine- no graininess or loss of quality. i've noticed that the closeup pictures i've taken (like of a person posing) are the most obvious, then there's one i have taken from a distance and it looks good until i look closer at the background and see the pixelation.

hopefully this all makes sense!

is there anything i can do to correct this? i'm concerned that this may be a hardware issue.. i'm hoping that i'm just missing something really simple here!
    09-20-11 07:59 AM
    What model of phone is it?
    09-20-11 08:15 AM
    What model of phone is it?
    9800 Torch
    09-20-11 08:41 AM
    Anyone, help please?
    09-21-11 09:20 AM
    i really dont know maybe it is a hardware issue or its one of the setting that u cant see maybe u should try to call ur service provider and ask them if they can help u fix that problem... i have no problem with my torch 9800 camera
    09-21-11 09:23 AM
    My torch takes great pictures. You may have a hardware issue.
    Check the file size of the pictures. Outside I get about 2.5 mbs each(set at maximum size) If your pictures are much smaller in file size it could be software related.
    09-21-11 09:29 AM
    My torch takes great pictures. You may have a hardware issue.
    Check the file size of the pictures. Outside I get about 2.5 mbs each(set at maximum size) If your pictures are much smaller in file size it could be software related.
    i compared some pictures i saved from the last Blackberry to the pictures i've taken on the replacement and the file sizes look similar, no notable differences in file size- although i'm surprised because they are only around 300 KB each, on both phones!

something tells me that these file sizes are a bit off from what they should be in terms of file size, especially considering some of them are taken in max resolution (2592 x 1944).
    09-21-11 11:17 AM
    What are your picture settings and what kind of picture are you taking? Are you on auto focus? If it is an indoor picture, do you have flash enabled?
    09-21-11 11:21 AM
    What are your picture settings and what kind of picture are you taking? Are you on auto focus? If it is an indoor picture, do you have flash enabled?
    i'm taking indoor pictures, somewhat low lighting.. right now i have the resolution set to 1024 x 768 with flash on, which seems to take a better quality picture at the moment.. i have used 2592 x 1944 with flash both on and off, as well as 1024 x 768 with flash on and off.. if i remember correctly, my old phone was set to 2592 x 1944, usually with flash on.
    09-21-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD