Just got an AT&T Torch about two weeks ago from Amazon. I tried to take a few photos, but the camera flash never comes on even when I set it to Always On. I tried to use it on several Scene Modes, but none worked.

I tried a battery pull, but the flash still didn't work.

Using 6.0.0.246.

Could I have a hardware problem?
    11-22-10 01:40 AM
    Hmm, that's pretty unusual, considering you've done battery pulls. Might sound like a hardware problem. Is this the same case with the video recorder? Try having the light on when recording a video. If the same thing occurs, (no flash/light), you might have a defective phone. You're still under warranty so swap it with a new and fresh device. Try it before you leave the store so you won't have to make trips back and forth, which can be a hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 04:24 AM
    Quick tip - to turn the light on or off during video recording, press the spacebar.
    Otherwise you can only change the setting from options when video recording is stopped.
    Let us know if your light works.
    homer1475 likes this.
    11-22-10 08:21 AM
    Didn't know about the space bar turning the light on and off in video mode. Thumbs up
    11-22-10 08:55 AM
    Didn't know about the space bar turning the light on and off in video mode. Thumbs up
    This is why I don't feel the need for a flashlight app on the Torch. I can have a video icon and just use the space bar.
    Pretty simple.
    11-22-10 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the space bar tip! Flash still doesn't work. Also noticed a black smudge in the same spot on all my photos. Must be the lens.

I called Amazon and AT&T for help, and it does indeed appear to be a hardware problem. Amazon is sending a new phone right away, no questions asked. That was a pleasant experience, actually.

11-26-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD