does anyone have the issue when they are in a call and they face does many functions on the screen?

is there a way to stop this? kinda annoying......
    09-26-10 09:08 AM
    If you have a screen protector on your phone, it may interfere with your proximity sensor which should lock your screen functions when against your face.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 09:13 AM
    If you have a screen protector on your phone, it may interfere with your proximity sensor which should lock your screen functions when against your face.

well i do have one but thats kinda strange that it does that..... its totally invisible
    09-26-10 09:46 AM
    well i do have one but thats kinda strange that it does that..... its totally invisible
    If you can take it off and test your phone, i am quite certain that your screen protector is the cause. I think they should make screen protectors with cutouts where the sensor is.

09-26-10 10:04 AM
    If you can take it off and test your phone, i am quite certain that your screen protector is the cause. I think they should make screen protectors with cutouts where the sensor is.

why not just cut out a hole yourself? Cost is free.
    09-26-10 02:06 PM
    Even without the screen protector, sometimes the proximity sensor still doesnt work, it kept happening to me, I went back and got a new hone and it hasnt happened since
    09-26-10 02:33 PM
    Even without the screen protector, sometimes the proximity sensor still doesnt work, it kept happening to me, I went back and got a new hone and it hasnt happened since
    Obviously (although rare) the proximity sensor can be defective but the screen protector is the most frequent cause for sensor issues. Taking it off to test will only confirm.

09-26-10 05:42 PM
    A clear/thin screen protector should not cause this. A privacy protector would be more likely to since it is thicker. If you are not using a privacy screen protector, it is probably a malfunctioning proximity sensor. There have been a few reports of this problem so far.
    09-26-10 10:36 PM
    Interesting, I'm running my phone with a privacy protector - now that you mention it i never had this problem when i first got the phone... but now it happens at least once or twice a day!!!

Grr, any other option other then to remove my protector? I want to keep my phone safe.
    09-27-10 05:39 AM
    A clear/thin screen protector should not cause this.
    A very quick Google search will confirm that it possibly could.

09-27-10 07:23 AM
    There have been several threads on this... some of the newer screen protectors have cut-outs where the prox switch is. If yours doesn't... just use something to punch a hole in your screen protector where the prox sensor is... problem solved.
    09-27-10 07:25 AM
    Interesting, I'm running my phone with a privacy protector - now that you mention it i never had this problem when i first got the phone... but now it happens at least once or twice a day!!!

Grr, any other option other then to remove my protector? I want to keep my phone safe.
    I simply cut a "V" in the screen protector at the top where the proximity sensor and notification LED is. Works great with my Privacy Screen Protector. No more face buttons!

09-27-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD