Either it's the cable or the phone, but are there any fixes?
    Like the charging end moves around and is loose when it's plugged into the phone.
    Last edited by cratskomodo; 01-07-11 at 06:35 PM.
    01-07-11 06:33 PM
    My connection is solid. So I wouldn't say that is not normal. I have heard of the usb connector breaking off in other devifes like the 9000. So I would say if you can get a replacement...go for it before you risk it snapped off in the future

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 07:00 PM
    Should be firm. Time for a replacement.

01-07-11 07:45 PM
    It still charges perfectly.
    It only moves on the left side. The right side of the usb cable is firm. Do I really need to replace it?
    01-07-11 10:13 PM
    If it's still under warranty, which I'm sure it is, I would seriously consider it. May save you some cash and headaches on down the road. Should not be loose, mine is very tight.
    01-07-11 10:37 PM
    The usb cable I got with the phone was loose from day one. I don't think all micro-usb cables are created equally, ie some are made better than others. I have a few, some are tighter than others. For me its not as much the phone, as it is the cable(s) (though the phone usb port is *sorta* loose, not much though).

It still ticks me off that they went away from mini.... Tighter fit, more substantial plug, and I had a bunch of minis, plus i have 2 other devices (psp, camera) that use mini. I hate micro, too small and flimsy...I just ordered a 5-pack of mini to micro adapters from ebay so I can use all my old cables though.

01-07-11 10:55 PM
    Make sure you get a replacement before it breaks cause if it breaks off completely your carrier may consider it physical damage and may not replace it
    01-07-11 10:56 PM
    I`m gonna go see some blackberry`s tomorrow because I don`t like the way my USB wire wiggles (a little Bit) in the phone it self & I believe that`s why when I plugged it in to my computer it didn`t show my media card & it put a bunch of pics & Video`s all on my device memory even after I did all my reading & followed the instructions & set it to allow Mass storage but when I pluged it in, The card didn`t show up in my memory usage till I wiggled the wire. My Torch is 2 months old.
    I`ll keep you in mind when I`m asking questions tomorrow & share what I find out.
    Seeya Later
    01-07-11 11:10 PM
    mines done it for over a year on my 9700, doesn't bother me anymore, but hasn't broke either, so I'm ok with it
    01-07-11 11:26 PM
    From the responses, I think some people don't understand what is actually happening to my phone.
    So, when I charge my phone, the cable that I insert into the charging port on my phone, the USB Cable, goes in, and stays in. It doesn't fall out. However, if you look at the charger, it has 2 somewhat claws on it that when you stick it into the phone, it will not fall out of the phone. When I charge my phone, it goes in and doesn't fall out, however the right 'claw' is the one that keeps it in tightly, the left 'claw' feels slightly loose. Should I be worried?
    01-08-11 01:27 AM
    BUMP: I have a new question: as far as the cable being loose, is it a problem with the charger? Or a problem with a phone?
    01-08-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD