Ok i read on here a few weeks ago that people were able to order a torch from bestbuy.com and pick it up in the store. so my question is this: did they get rid of the ability to do this? when i go to their website i can only add it to a plan package. i can't just order the phone with no plan.
    TIA
    09-22-10 02:27 AM
    I'm not sure on this, but I read a couple threads of peope just going to the store and buying it outright.

If you plan on buying it outright, and you were going to the store to pick it up, why not skip the online purchase and buy it in store?

Some people say it takes about 45 minutes sometimes to reason with the managers who want to sell it with subscriptions to make their store #s look better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 06:30 AM
    Well, i'm in the military stationed overseas and it's cheaper/faster to buy it online and have a buddy pick it up than to send him a check or wire him money. I mean, I'm not in that big of a hurry but it would just be nicer.
    09-22-10 07:43 AM
    So true. They make commission on selling the device on a plan and don't want to loose their stock for outright buys..
    09-22-10 07:46 AM
    Go to the store.. if you have a Best Buy Mobile type of store that will be better..
    another option is Radio shack. Did you consider Walmart as well? and Amazon online.
    09-22-10 07:50 AM
    i can't just order the phone with no plan.
    TIA
    You certainly can.

BlackBerry - Torch 9800 Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - 9800
    09-22-10 08:50 AM
    Just an FYI, Best Buy Mobile is NOT on commission. Trust me I know.

09-22-10 10:06 AM
    Just an FYI, Best Buy Mobile is NOT on commission. Trust me I know.

No commissiOn for the phone sold. Right.
    But how about the upgrade or a New 2 year line opened for the purchase of the phone?
    Some of our Canadian friends who crossed the border last month were being refused purchase of the phone at No Commitment pricing.
    Care to shed light on this matter?

09-22-10 07:02 PM
    No commissiOn for the phone sold. Right.
    But how about the upgrade or a New 2 year line opened for the purchase of the phone?
    Some of our Canadian friends who crossed the border last month were being refused purchase of the phone at No Commitment pricing.
    Care to shed light on this matter?

Well as someone who understands the Best Buy Mobile business more than anyone on this forum I'd love to give some input as to why.

In regards to the upgrade or new 2 year line with the purchase of the phone, the consultant still does not make commission. Best Buy as a company has NO commission at all. Why were the phones refused to consumers wanting to buy the device outright? Well there may be other financial reasons, however it does not impact the sales consultants individual income at all. At the end of the day, it is up to the mobile manager if he/she would like to sell the device outright vs with a contract. My guess would be that Best Buy had a lot of people buying and reselling which ruined it for everyone. You also have to consider customer satisfaction with a device that was in high demand as a new phone launch.

I hope I answered your question...
    09-22-10 07:18 PM
    I work for Bestbuy mobile and i can assure you that we dont get paid commission.as for selling the device outright it is possible depending on the manager. Not sure how it works in other stores but i was informed by my general manager that we can sell a device outright but we have to check to the customers purchase history to make sure they havent purchased more then 3 outright devices in a month. If they did then that raises some red flags

09-22-10 07:30 PM
    Yeah i work for best buy mobile as well, no commission here. And you can always buy a phone outright it doesn't matter to us lol
    09-23-10 01:16 AM
    I got a question.. Why is everyone buying there phones from Best Buy? Are they selling the phone for cheaper or something that I don't know of? haha
    09-23-10 01:43 AM
    When you buy a phone from Bestbuy we cut out the mail in rebates. Our phones are actually cheaper with a 2 year contract right from the start. No waiting a couple of months to get your money back with a rebate

09-23-10 06:36 AM
    I got a question.. Why is everyone buying there phones from Best Buy? Are they selling the phone for cheaper or something that I don't know of? haha
    You had to make a deposit for 50.00 to reserve your name to a Torch.
    09-23-10 06:51 AM
    I work for Bestbuy mobile and i can assure you that we dont get paid commission.as for selling the device outright it is possible depending on the manager. Not sure how it works in other stores but i was informed by my general manager that we can sell a device outright but we have to check to the customers purchase history to make sure they havent purchased more then 3 outright devices in a month. If they did then that raises some red flags

mY QUESITON is that I made a Deposit on a Torch. First time buying a phone from you guys usually buy it out from a Telus Store.
    quesiton is that I spoke with someone in Ajax and she had no Clue about what was going on. She told me that I couldn't buy out the phone. Which Stomped me because I asked the proper question before I made the Deposit.
    Can I ask the manager for miss leading information ? And can they Honer it ?
    09-23-10 06:53 AM
    They could honor it. But it can go both ways to be honest. The manage can apologize for the incompetence of the employee and then not give you anything. Really it depends on the person

09-23-10 07:38 AM
    True true ... well then Ill just bring my business somewhere else. I mean i'll be droping 7 bills. And there jus gonna drop me.
    09-23-10 07:51 AM
    Bought mine from best buy. U can definitely buy it online and pick it up from the store no problems.

Also worked for best buy mobile a little while ago. We didn't work on commission then, and I don't think they do now.

They best buy that i bought my torch from didn't really know why they were denying me the purchase of the torch (half the reason why they ended up selling it to me I assume). They tried some lame excuses like I was going to go overseas and sell it...that argument didn't last very long though.
    09-23-10 08:23 AM
    Well as someone who understands the Best Buy Mobile business more than anyone on this forum I'd love to give some input as to why.

In regards to the upgrade or new 2 year line with the purchase of the phone, the consultant still does not make commission. Best Buy as a company has NO commission at all. Why were the phones refused to consumers wanting to buy the device outright? Well there may be other financial reasons, however it does not impact the sales consultants individual income at all. At the end of the day, it is up to the mobile manager if he/she would like to sell the device outright vs with a contract. My guess would be that Best Buy had a lot of people buying and reselling which ruined it for everyone. You also have to consider customer satisfaction with a device that was in high demand as a new phone launch.

I hope I answered your question...
    thanks for the clarification
    09-23-10 08:39 AM
    Bought mine from best buy. U can definitely buy it online and pick it up from the store no problems.

Also worked for best buy mobile a little while ago. We didn't work on commission then, and I don't think they do now.

They best buy that i bought my torch from didn't really know why they were denying me the purchase of the torch (half the reason why they ended up selling it to me I assume). They tried some lame excuses like I was going to go overseas and sell it...that argument didn't last very long though.
    Question where did you see it on the Bestbuy site ? I might just do that and then get my 50.00 deposit returned
    09-23-10 08:46 AM
    Question where did you see it on the Bestbuy site ? I might just do that and then get my 50.00 deposit returned
    Try reading the rest of this thread, I posted a direct link to the no contract Torch on the Best Buy site.
    09-23-10 09:19 AM
    When you buy a phone from Bestbuy we cut out the mail in rebates. Our phones are actually cheaper with a 2 year contract right from the start. No waiting a couple of months to get your money back with a rebate

Not true. When it wasn't on sale at Best Buy (it's currently $149.99), the Captivate was $229.99 with a 2-year contract. Direct from AT&T is $199.99, no rebates involved. No commitment pricing is $50 more as well ($549.99 BB, $499.99 AT&T).

While the 2-year contract price for the Torch is the same at both ($199.99), the no commitment pricing is the same as the Captivate, $50 more at Best Buy. The problem is that I don't believe you can buy a phone outright from AT&T without being an AT&T customer, which is why most people buy the phones outright from other retailers, and more than likely why they charge more for them.
    09-23-10 09:31 AM
    Try reading the rest of this thread, I posted a direct link to the no contract Torch on the Best Buy site.
    Looking for Canadian website but thanks anyways
    09-23-10 09:33 AM
    I called my local Best Buy store, paid over the phone with a credit card, and picked up the phone with no commitment and no issues. Paid a small fortune, but got my device nonetheless.
    09-23-10 09:43 AM
    I called my local Best Buy store, paid over the phone with a credit card, and picked up the phone with no commitment and no issues. Paid a small fortune, but got my device nonetheless.
    Awesome how did you manage that
    09-23-10 10:00 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD