Just wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to use the 4gb of internal media storage. How can I put my music on it?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 06:25 PM
    It is external, on a SD card that comes pre installed, however

download blackberry desktop manager
    or when you plug it into your computer, click USB option that comes up on the phone and find it in my computer, go through the folders until you see the ones with ringtones, photos, music, etc.

If your on a mac, I have no idea, I am sorry
    10-03-10 06:57 PM
    The phone comes with two different 4GB storage areas.

1) A built in 4GB of storage.
    2) A removable 4GB MicroSD.

When you plug it into a computer and choose USB Drive, you will have two drives appear under My Computer in Windows - they will likely pop up a few seconds after plugging it in.

You can then transfer files to and from them as you wish. You can put whatever you want on either 4GB.

You do not need desktop manager installed for it to work. You can plug your phone into any random computer and transfer to and from the drives as if they were USB flash drives.
    10-03-10 07:19 PM
    It is external, on a SD card that comes pre installed,
    There is also 4gb internal storage. When you hook it up to your PC and select data mode, you should get 2 drives mounted. Once is the internal and the other is the media card. You can copy your music to either of them.
    10-03-10 07:19 PM
    Ditch the 4 GB micro SD and get a 32 GB micro SD. I have a ton of movies that I ripped from DVD to watch when I travel.

10-03-10 07:42 PM
    Torch doesn't play divx format movie, does it?
    10-03-10 07:44 PM
    Ditch the 4 GB micro SD and get a 32 GB micro SD. I have a ton of movies that I ripped from DVD to watch when I travel.

There is also a TON of movies available to download over in the Crackberry Movies Forum that are already compressed and ready for viewing.

10-03-10 07:45 PM
    I'm able to access it through the computer, but none of the music or photos show up that are saved internally... which I deem odd.

So I just jumped on a 16gb card on sale locally and just use that.
    10-03-10 11:21 PM
    You should be able to see everything that's on the 4GB storage on the drive that pops up on the computer. There are a few things that came with the phone that are on the 512MB system storage that cannot be accessed...but a common place for music on the internal storage is home/user/music
    10-04-10 06:10 AM
    You should be able to see everything that's on the 4GB storage on the drive that pops up on the computer. There are a few things that came with the phone that are on the 512MB system storage that cannot be accessed...but a common place for music on the internal storage is home/user/music
    yea I put stuff in there, and the appropriate pictures folder string as well, but nothing shows up in the media apps. It shows up in the files app. but i cant access them properly (ie: play the song, use the photo for backdrop etc.)
    10-05-10 09:13 AM
    Does this happen for both the MicroSD card and the internal 4GB of storage?

Also, what kind of music files? Regular MP3 or something with DRM - maybe something you downloaded on your last phone?
    10-05-10 09:29 AM
    yea I put stuff in there, and the appropriate pictures folder string as well, but nothing shows up in the media apps. It shows up in the files app. but i cant access them properly (ie: play the song, use the photo for backdrop etc.)
    did you unplug it from the computer? If it is still plugged in you will not be able to access files.

Make sure your files are in a working format:
    Video formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV3
    Audio formats: MP3, AMR-NB, AAC-LC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA,
    WMV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis
    Photo formats: .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp (more may be available these are just the known for sure compatible image formats)
    10-05-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD