I was at the AT&T store the other day and tried comparing the Bold and my Torch on how fast they pulled up web pages. Granted, nothing scientific or precise about me pressing the enter button at the same time. The bold was repeatedly pulling up web pages faster than my Torch. I try to delete all the useless apps and programs that I don't use. But any suggestions on how to make my phone "faster" will be helpful. Thanks.
    08-24-10 03:49 AM
    Did you load a full website or a mobile/wap website?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 07:55 AM
    If your comparing the OS browsers don't. One is a real browser which will load everything. The other well the other is crap.
    08-24-10 08:32 AM
    Did you clear the cache on the store model???
    08-24-10 09:36 AM
    Did the same thing with a 9700 and a Torch, both fresh from the box.

Adding the extra workload of webkit and screen transtions/UI enhancments to the same tired processor=LAG
    08-24-10 10:39 AM
    Its logical that it won't go faster with the same processor. The new bold will be way faster than the torch
    08-24-10 11:50 AM
    Was totally smoking my buddies iPhone 3GS today. We both cleared our cache, both on 3G for Rogers. We did 10 different sites. 2 were mobile and the Torch beat the 3GS every single time anywhere from 4-8 secs

08-24-10 12:07 PM
    Was totally smoking my buddies iPhone 3GS today. We both cleared our cache, both on 3G for Rogers. We did 10 different sites. 2 were mobile and the Torch beat the 3GS every single time anywhere from 4-8 secs

That's quite interesting...
    Thinking of switching from 3GS to Torch myself.
    But hearing that its not faster than the Bold worries me.
    08-24-10 05:08 PM
    Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Oh I did "race" Youtube on my Torch vs my husband's iPhone 4 and it was equally as fast or faster! Totally impressed by that.
    08-24-10 05:09 PM
    I have both the Bold on Verizon and the Torch on AT&T. The Torch is waayyyy faster about 90% of the time.

08-24-10 05:34 PM
    next time you do it, make sure either isn't on WiFi. If it 'sa Bold from home the WiFi will be faster than 3g, no?

Later,
    B.
    08-24-10 08:16 PM
    That's quite interesting...
    Thinking of switching from 3GS to Torch myself.
    But hearing that its not faster than the Bold worries me.
    Don't believe everything you read. Go to a store and check it out yourself. only way to know for sure.
    08-24-10 08:20 PM

What an accomplishment. The 3Gs is a year old. Shouldn't a brand new flagship device beat a year old phone? Compare it the 4 or any current Android and see what happens.
    08-24-10 09:44 PM
    From all the videos I've seen of browsing on the Torch, i also think many times my 9700 is as fast if not faster. But reading this post, i just raced my Vibrant vs Bold and well,its just not a fair race. That being said, how really important is a second or two difference browsing on a cell phone.

08-24-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD