For the last month I have been getting a constant pop up on my Torch saying:
    "Connection to Computer failed"
    This appears maybe avery 5 to 10 seconds and it is really annoying. I keep my Torch's BT on because I use it in my car and I don't want to turn it off...
    I don't know what is happening.
    I am running .600 since yesterday.
    Thanks for the input.
    07-19-11 11:00 AM
    I have exactly the same annoying message. Only happened today after doing a reinstall. I have the 9780 running version 6.0.
    07-20-11 05:26 AM
    Go into Bluetooth Connections > [your PC] > Device Properties > Trusted: and change it from "Yes" (or "Prompt" as the case may be) to "Silent." Then the phone will not show when a BT connection to the computer has been either activated or terminated.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    07-20-11 06:44 AM
    Go into Bluetooth Connections > [your PC] > Device Properties > Trusted: and change it from "Yes" (or "Prompt" as the case may be) to "Silent." Then the phone will not show when a BT connection to the computer has been either activated or terminated.
    I've been having the same pop-up error every 30 seconds. However, I don't have anything other than my vehicle listed in the paired devices. Furthermore, the error was there before I added my vehicle. I'm stumped on how to stop it, other than turning off bluetooth services.
    08-09-11 04:55 PM
    Did you check your pc?
    08-09-11 09:33 PM
    I have this same issue with my wife's 9780. Just installed 660 on it and the error started. I wiped, reinstalled 660, installed 600, installed 448, problem persists. I was using that phone since release with no problem. Not sure where this issue came from, but I cannot get rid of it. The only thing that stops the error is turning off bluetooth, which is impractical. It occurs constantly, even right after a clean install with a low-level wipe beforehand before any SIM card is installed and before any bluetooth devices are paired with the phone, so it isn't specific to a bluetooth device. The phone has never been paired with anything called "Computer." Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Is there a more fundamental wipe than BBSAK or JL_CMDR can provide?
    09-04-11 09:51 PM
    I have been having the same issue. Any solutions yet? Does you 9780 double type also? I must have got a hold of a defective unit.
    02-01-12 10:24 PM
    I'm guessing you have a Playbook or some other device that was connected in the past that has not yet been repaired with your phone. That was my issue anyway. Once I repaired the old device the issue went away.

Hope this helps!
    03-12-12 01:59 PM
    anyone have an update on this?I have the same issue for a user

Thanks
    06-27-12 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD