Hello I got my torch on the 25th of Feburary from rogers through mail and the screen was clicking when i got it. I called them and they told me i should of called when i got it and its customer damage and they are telling me i cannot exchange it. This must be a defect and their customer support is awful they are trying to sell me phones while i am talking to them. Should i go to the store and have them take a look at it its very annoying at first i thought i could deal with it by really i cannot and they are telling my i broke the phone and the warranty wont cover it. I am really angry and i think they are terrible. So what should i do?
    03-05-11 12:09 PM
    You are thinking it to much go to the store if it wobbles much more then the normal.
    My after time had a little wobble so I got a grt cases and problem solve to clicking or loose filling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 12:23 PM
    It is worthy of an exchange because the stupid customer service i called told me it was my fault and that i should of called day 1. Its been a week and the phone is having problems and the guy even tried to sell me another phone while i was explaining the problem... like what a ******* ***** what makes him think i want to buy another broken phone when ive had this one for a week.
    03-05-11 12:29 PM
    I think the "clicking'" sound you are hearing might be the slight wobble of the screen; I hear the same noise but when I take a close look its just the top sliding part of the phone that wobbles juuust slightly...I think eventually (if not straight out of the box) they will all wobble a bit...it's a slider phone, they are prone to it. If it's too much of a hassle though, don't be afraid to get a little more verbally aggressive with them, especially if you've been with Rogers for a while.
    03-05-11 12:42 PM
    I think the "clicking'" sound you are hearing might be the slight wobble of the screen; I hear the same noise but when I take a close look its just the top sliding part of the phone that wobbles juuust slightly...I think eventually (if not straight out of the box) they will all wobble a bit...it's a slider phone, they are prone to it. If it's too much of a hassle though, don't be afraid to get a little more verbally aggressive with them, especially if you've been with Rogers for a while.
    My mother has been with rogers for 10 years. I am a new customer but my mother pays on her account. The problem i am having is a really large clicking noise were you can see the screen moving downwards on the top right side of the phone. I had it for a week and i never dropped it or hit it anywhere. It really bothers me that its just a week and i will have to keep this for for 2 years. It's poor of them to say that it was my fault.
    03-05-11 12:45 PM
    I'm also only 17 so they are probably taking me as a joke.
    03-05-11 12:47 PM
    Then you are in a situation like I am with AT&T. I'm a bit older than you, but age has no bearing on this. We've been with AT&T well over 10 years now, and it's still like pulling teeth to get even a replacement of a same phone model; if you want your choice of a new different model, you have to get aggressive. When they want to get snippy with me about "we can't offer you a different model", I just remind them how long I've been with them (using your loyalty as leverage can work wonders) and that if I can't get such a minor issue fixed, then I will immediately be terminating my contract for *rival carrier* (in my case I used Verizon). That got me an instant response and fix to the issue.

Obviously you can't be using that threat over and over or they won't take you seriously anymore, but you can get verbally aggressive with them and use that as the last straw attempt at getting them to do something about the issue.

Regarding the problem you're having, the top right side of the phone should be solid and not clicking or wobbling at all when in the closed position, but if slid open, it's the outermost extension of the phone at that point, and can be prone to wobbling.
    03-05-11 01:29 PM
    Fyi. Pretty sure they all do it. Mine moves noticeably on the sides when I push down hard on the screen. I've played with a countless number of torches (pretty much every single one I can get my hands on) just to gauge this problem, and I have yet to find one that doesn't move.

03-05-11 01:33 PM
    agree. they all do it sooner or later. use the foam trick someone talked about on cb forums, and replace it once a month.

imho...changing pins is not worth it
    03-05-11 01:44 PM
    My screen wobbles a bit too. After the first week or so, it didn't get any worse, so I just lived with it. If the unit starts coming apart, take it back, oithrwise they probably won't help you.

03-05-11 02:39 PM
    I agree with everyone - the slight wobble is normal. After all, it's a moving mechanical mechanism.
    03-05-11 02:47 PM
    imho...changing pins is not worth it
    Bingo

03-05-11 03:20 PM
    Its definitely normal - though they'll replace it for that. I've had quite a few replacements for various reasons - mostly wobbly screen and trackpad issues. But like they said above, changing PINs is a pain in the...Especially with Mobihand
    If it REALLY bothers you, push for a replacement. If you are handy you can solve it using around-the-house stuff. I wouldn't recommend sticking pieces of paper into the slider mechanism - its fragile and the paper could get stuck and cause it to not slide properly. For me, putting electrical tape on the top of the back of the top (that sounds stupid, i know) half of the phone worked. I put it on overlapping the curve of the top of the phone, then used a precision knife to carefully cut along the grooves to make it a clean cut. Looks fine, works and is practical.
    03-05-11 06:51 PM
    Mine is really bad though. When i talked to the girl on rogers technical support she said it was customer damage and it was my fault and the warranty is voided. I got this phone through customer support by replacing my blackberry bold 9780 which i purchased in store so i got this one by mail. Is it possible for me to go to a rogers store and ask them to replace it even if i got it online?
    03-05-11 10:00 PM
    I'm not sure how Rogers works. In the US there a lot of different options for warranty exchange (at least with ATT) and as long as the screws aren't stripped, the warranty tag is still in tact and the water sensors aren't tripped, they'll usually replace it under the 1 year warranty. I would try again, see if you get a different response from someone else. From what it sounds like the rep was pretty rude to you - you might want to use that as fuel for the next time you call.
    Bringing it into a store will probably not get you a replacement from the store - but they can also call on your behalf if they see that its really as bad as you're saying it is. Good luck.

03-05-11 10:10 PM
    I have no idea what you should do, but I've also noticed my screen clicking.
    03-05-11 10:57 PM
    I took my cases of and yes it wobbles and click a little bit.
    The grt case helps a lot you should think on getting one if you want a solid feeling of the torch.

03-05-11 11:11 PM
    I got mine about 3 wks ago and it started doing the same thing just today. It's ever so slight and only when closed. When slid open its still solid. It does kind of bug me because I have been in total love with this phone since I got it. Its actually the reason I came here and there was your post! I do feel a bit better that based on the replies it seems to be normal or inevitable. I saw a video of the Otter Box case and looked really nice so I'm going to get one and hopefully that will help as well as protection since the slide feature makes it a bit fragile. I wish u luck. I do think they should take it back.

03-05-11 11:37 PM
    I got mine about 3 wks ago and it started doing the same thing just today. It's ever so slight and only when closed. When slid open its still solid. It does kind of bug me because I have been in total love with this phone since I got it. Its actually the reason I came here and there was your post! I do feel a bit better that based on the replies it seems to be normal or inevitable. I saw a video of the Otter Box case and looked really nice so I'm going to get one and hopefully that will help as well as protection since the slide feature makes it a bit fragile. I wish u luck. I do think they should take it back.

Not knocking Otterbox since I use their cases for pretty much everything else. But really read the reviews before you purchase. The fact that many people complain about the top popping off put me off.

Take a look at the AGF Endo GRT. Thats the one I'm using now and its pretty good and solid. The only "wobble" I get now is the top piece of the case moving.

To the OP - have you tried calling back to get another representative?

03-05-11 11:53 PM
    Sorry, just to clarify, are you pressing on the screen when its slid open?

03-05-11 11:56 PM
    QUOTE=silentcharlie;6109896]Not knocking Otterbox since I use their cases for pretty much everything else. But really read the reviews before you purchase. The fact that many people complain about the top popping off put me off.

Take a look at the AGF Endo GRT. Thats the one I'm using now and its pretty good and solid. The only "wobble" I get now is the top piece of the case moving.

To the OP - have you tried calling back to get another representative?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

Thank u Charlie, I did see the bad reviews after browsing the posts. Before this torch I had a nokia phone that made calls and texts and that wa it! Not even a camera, so I am BRAND new and appreciate any info from experts I can get! I see why they say crackberry. Am addicted!i

03-06-11 08:10 AM
    Sorry, just to clarify, are you pressing on the screen when its slid open?

When its closed. Also when its open it the screens moves left to right.
    03-06-11 02:55 PM
    Thankfully i just called the rogers technical support and i talked with a different lady whos was very nice and understanding unlike the other one and they will be sending me a replacement.
    03-06-11 03:08 PM
    @uglyindian - glad to help out and welcome aboard. This site is awesome for information and help.

@MehMikee - I used to have the same issue w/ Telus where you'd have to get a different rep. Glad that they're sending you a new one though.

03-06-11 09:14 PM
    Welcome to the club. The screen on my torch also wobbles.i Have reconciled to bearing it I think of it as the bb tax .

03-08-11 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD