I had the new BB bold but just got the NEW TORCH...well i backed up my contacts before band restored them on the new TORCH but i got all my BBM and emails back except my CONTACTS! do i load the newer version of blackberry desktop? could this be the reason why, maybe its not compatible?? would it delete my backed up files if i upgrade to the new one!?!

thks for the help!
    08-13-10 02:42 PM
    I got all my contacts as emails, but no addresses or phone numbers. I'm trying to figure out what happened.
    08-13-10 02:45 PM
    In the new desktop software you have to go to the options and select the optiom for the contacts. I had the same problem.

Sorry I can't give better instructions but I'm submitting this from my torch and am not near a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 03:17 PM
    i had the same problem with my address books coming from a Bold 9000.
    remember the desktop manager error KB45 something ( i'm using Leopard OS.)
    anyway, try to do restore ( from your latest backup files)
    that helped me.
    08-13-10 03:21 PM
    i had the same problem with my address books coming from a Bold 9000.
    remember the desktop manager error KB45 something ( i'm using Leopard OS.)
    anyway, try to do restore ( from your latest backup files)
    that helped me.
    My restore says it's an IPD file, and it won't open. ugh! I have NO phone numbers, only email addresses.
    08-13-10 03:36 PM
    My contacts are there from the restore, but when I go to sync with my mac i get "For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base." Also, I prefer to organize my contacts by last name and when I save that preference on my phone (changing from First name to Last name), it does not save. Anyone have a fix? Thanks!!
    08-13-10 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD