I don't know if I am the only one experiencing this issue, but my torch have quite often freezes or lags... I am not running anything behind, facebooks, twitter, social feeds, everything is off... What might be the problem? Is it the OS 6 that's causing this?
    09-05-10 04:48 PM
    It sounds like you might have a problem with that particular device because I don't have any freezing or lag issues and I'm running multiple apps in the background! I did put .161 OS on it, but I wasn't having problems prior to that either. Perhaps try reinstalling your OS or moving to .161 to see if it helps? Or just exchange for a new one, depending on how comfortable you are messing with your BB. :-)
    09-05-10 04:53 PM
    I'm running the original os (.141) and have seen none of those issues. What 3rd party apps do you have installed?
    09-05-10 05:52 PM
    It is not a problem with hardware. Launch all the apps and accept the EULAs. Remove anything you are not using via the DM. If you do not use BBM, install it off the bb.com website then remove it via the applications list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 05:57 PM
    It is not a problem with hardware. Launch all the apps and accept the EULAs. Remove anything you are not using via the DM. If you do not use BBM, install it off the bb.com website then remove it via the applications list.

I am not so sure it isn't the hardware. Mine freezes especially when exiting mail to the home screen. Sometimes for 30 seconds.
    09-05-10 06:55 PM
    My Torch lags about 5 seconds pretty much every time it is password unlocked. After that, it is fine.

Also, I get "incorrect password" quite a bit even though I know I hit the right keys multiple times. Annoying - hope they get that resolved.
    09-05-10 07:56 PM
    I also agree that if you are having any sort of lag you should reinstall .141 or try upgrading to .161. It made a big difference for me.
    09-05-10 09:08 PM
    I have lag with my Torch also, on the original OS.

09-05-10 09:11 PM
    software and I told you how to fix it. it may even come to a device wipe and OS reload but not hardware.
    09-05-10 09:46 PM
    So it appears that not everyone is having this issue. I have had my torch for almost a month and notice slight lag coming out of password lock and social feeds. Since Costco has a 90 day return policy, I will be getting a fresh one today and seeing whats up......
    09-06-10 06:26 AM
    I had the same problem. Then i read on the Blackberry Support forums that another person was having an issue because they were using a case that was meant for the Curve. I don't have an explanation for it (which bothers me), but its true (so far) - i stopped using the case and the Torch freezes no more
    09-16-10 08:21 AM
    am able to reproduce the issue at will now.
    - password lock the torch
    - press the quicklaunch key or the volume keys (the first time the screen will light up again. press the lock key at the top of the phone to make the screen fade to back again)
    - press the keys a couple more time
    - unlock the phone
    - phone will freeze for upto 30 seconds (i think it depends on how many times the keys were pressed upto a certain maz, but i have not been able to ascertain that)
    - password lock the phone again
    - without pressing any of the side keys, unlock the phone and it should not freeze up

so i guess its a software bug that goes into some sort of loop since the keys were pressed in the case and tries to process the key-presses before returning the control to the user
    09-16-10 10:44 AM
    am able to reproduce the issue at will now.
    - password lock the torch
    - press the quicklaunch key or the volume keys (the first time the screen will light up again. press the lock key at the top of the phone to make the screen fade to back again)
    - press the keys a couple more time
    - unlock the phone
    - phone will freeze for upto 30 seconds (i think it depends on how many times the keys were pressed upto a certain maz, but i have not been able to ascertain that)
    - password lock the phone again
    - without pressing any of the side keys, unlock the phone and it should not freeze up

so i guess its a software bug that goes into some sort of loop since the keys were pressed in the case and tries to process the key-presses before returning the control to the user
    Are you still on .141? The password lock lag issue was fixed in .214 and .225 - I'm not sure if that would fix the bug you've found or not but it probably will.
    09-16-10 10:50 AM
    Hey Guys -

I felt it my duty to comment - I love blackberries. I love my new Torch. But that wasn't always the case. I switched to the Torch from the Curve 8900. When I first got the phone it was constantly locking, freezing, or lagging whenever I would first put in my password to unlock the phone and then eventually whenever I would try to switch between applications quickly. My browser icon even stopped working. I did a complete memory/system wipe of the phone and INSTEAD of reloading my previously backed up information, I just saved all my music and pictures to my memory SD card and all my contacts to my sim. I manually updated everything else on the phone. My phone now works SMOOTHLY, no problems at all as of yet. No freezing, not even in the slightest bit. I read somewhere that when transferring data from an older phone to the new OS it can severly cause problems. I find this was a simple fix to enjoy this new blackberry with no issues at all. Good Luck!
    Kaz75 and oks4n4 like this.
    11-15-10 08:58 AM
    I also agree that if you are having any sort of lag you should reinstall .141 or try upgrading to .161. It made a big difference for me.
    I have a bb torch as well and i have up dated my phone to os.246 but my phone keeps on freezing for hours none of the harware keys don't work just the touch screen and the volume apart from that no other key not even the lock or mute works when it freezes after i remove the baterry.everything comes back to normal but in a few minutes it freezes again.....help me
    02-03-11 05:06 AM
    I am having the same issue with my .246 OS. It lags when i go to my messages and chats. I am at wits end.
    02-09-11 11:17 AM
    I am having the same issue with my .246 OS. It lags when i go to my messages and chats. I am at wits end.
    Upgrade the OS! .337 is official now and installable via Desktop Manager. Or go to the Leaked/Beta OS forum on this site and read about how to install .450. .337 takes care of most of the issues with .246; .450 is just that much better.

crzycat69 likes this.
    02-09-11 11:46 AM
    still with freezing problem, and its the SECOND blackberry torch. so its no hardware! anyone?????
    12-15-11 06:38 PM
    wow this is the first I have heard of any freezing problems and I have not even upgraded my torch as yet guess it depends on how you use your device or maybe what apps you install.
    12-16-11 03:48 AM
    wow this is the first I have heard of any freezing problems and I have not even upgraded my torch as yet guess it depends on how you use your device or maybe what apps you install.
    may be you're right, it depends what apps you install, but, if i cant install apps, i would have a phone of 30� to make/receive calls. If i buy a blackberry, i want use it as blackberry, not as nokia!

i installed this app yesterday:
    Buy BeJoose - Memory Optimizer - Download BeJoose - Memory Optimizer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

and the blackberry doesnt freeze. the app costed me 0.75�.
    note that im using this app since yesterday at night. didnt passed 24h since i installed so i cant give best feedback yet.
    12-16-11 08:12 AM
    The blackberry still freezing everyday and make me so nervous that i want make it fly to the floor. I hate this

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 01:24 PM
    sounds like a app or theme that is not compatiable or a corrupted file I would delete all the apps and themes you have personally downloaded. Then download them one at a time -giving ample time between downloads- to see if you can find the one that is causing your freezing problem.
    Good Luck!!!
    12-18-11 02:31 PM
    my solution will be sell my 9800 and buy 9810.
    tired of this freezing problem.
    12-19-11 06:47 PM
    my solution will be sell my 9800 and buy 9810.
    tired of this freezing problem.
    According to a couple of people at work, the 9810 & 9860 freeze and pause just as much as the 9800. I am frustrated with the same issue, hoping BB10 comes before I smash my torch =p
    12-19-11 06:55 PM
    9810 freezes too? so i updated my torch last night for lastest version new zeland, just bad because doesnt have portuguese language. lets see if it goes well now.
    12-20-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD