Hi!

I just though I'd post some useful info - because I found it EXTREMELY difficult to get help on two issues:

1. Can't send pictures or files
    2. Touch screen issues during calls

I FINALLY discovered the answers...

1. You've got to change the resolution size to be able to send (remember that the BB Torch is a 5 mega pixel camera). This can only be done when in camera mode. I.e. When your phone is ready to take a pic. Go to options, and select either medium or small. You also need to go to the optiopns menu on your home screen, select security, and then choose encryption. Turn encryption of your media card off, or you won't be able to send any pictures/files etc.

2. Download SwipeLock from AppWorld. It's cheap as chips and works well. If you can figure out how to install it properly! Be patient - all you want to do is have the phone automatically lock when calls connect. If you use the lock feature in standby mode your default BB password/screen lock may have a conflict. You can download just the lock program from the same program author to avoid this, but I prefer the full program. Especially when its a similar price.

Hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Harpsicle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Harpsicle; 11-01-10 at 02:22 PM.
    Futurity likes this.
    11-01-10 02:17 PM
    So what about the pixs that are already on the phone that don't have an options to send after u already did this process?!?!?
    11-02-10 02:32 AM
    Hmmmm... is this surrogate advertising???
    11-02-10 03:48 AM
    I have tried to send a picture to bbm contact / email / facebook in any possible way. I touch the clipboard;picture; select picture; but i can only look at the picture or zoom in on it or assign it to a contact. I can not select send.. It's simply not in the menu.
    Then i startet at pictures options .. also there i nowhere a send button..
    I have also tried to change my settings with encryption !!! Change the name of the picture AND change the size to medium at the same time, nothing works

The first 5 pictures i took with my blackberry i can send, the rest i can not.
    I looked at the pictures and the sizes and everything is all the same..

but, When i go to my fb application and press the send a picture button, i can send any picture i like.

This is so strange, my friend doensnt have this problem, can somebody help me pls ?
    11-16-10 02:08 PM
    torch has had lots of teething problems....
    1. i found it very heavy
    2.it freezes on touch screen when trying to send pics an texts
    3.touch too sensitive
    4.blackberry is fab ....but not touch screen an slide combined
    5. after 2 torches i am now back on my bold 9700 an loving it agin ...i will try the bold 9780 ........
    11-16-10 02:38 PM
    Awesome information! went to Blackberry.com tried everything. No one had the answer. Shut the encryption off on the media card and it works like a charm! Saved me a lot of time! Thanks for posting your answer!!
    12-13-10 11:10 PM
    I have had no issues sending full size pics via MMS or attached to an email.

12-13-10 11:55 PM
    What other options are there for the touch screen acting up when on calls?

I don't want to buy an app unless I have to. :-)

Ruthie
    12-19-10 01:13 AM
    Nothoing should be needed unless you have long hair or a beard as these will interfere with the proximity sensor. The screen should dimm when held to your face normally when in a call. Some screen protectors (especially privacy screen protectors) will interfere as well.

12-19-10 02:12 AM
    Also, remember you may have issues with the speaker activating during calls if you talk while charging...
    12-19-10 07:56 AM
    I can send pictures taken from my torch in any size and send to any contact(bbm, email, sms). Also the touch screen should go black when put to your face. If yours does not do this its 1 of 2 things causing this.

Something blocking the proximity sensor, whether this is a screen protector(most thin clear ones work fine), or either long or facial hair(I have a heavy beard and don't have any issue with it). You should not need any third party app to lock your screen while in a call, the phone does this natively.
    12-19-10 08:06 AM
    Are you able to send large files to an email account without distorting the photo? if so how?

i can only send med and low res files by email and the pics come out ok. I'm assuming if you are using the high res photos, you can only get them by using the USB cable.

posting large size photos to FB is fine.
    03-29-11 11:35 AM
    Some corporate security policies, like mine, prevent encryption from being turned off.
    01-02-12 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD