ive had my blackberry torch for about a week now working perfectly fine until this weekend where when i slide it up the back light doesn't light the screen, and when i slide it back down the screen comes back. Anyone else experience this? is there any fixes?
    10-12-10 04:48 PM
    woah. I wouldnt look for a fix, if your within your 30 days bring it back for a brand new one, if not, most carriers have a 1 year refurb policy in which they will replace the device with a refurbished one
    10-12-10 04:54 PM
    woah. I wouldnt look for a fix, if your within your 30 days bring it back for a brand new one, if not, most carriers have a 1 year refurb policy in which they will replace the device with a refurbished one
    I just posted this same advice someplace else. I know returning a phone can be inconvenient but I couldnt live with a phone I know has problems even if they have been remedied. If its under warranty especially the 30 day return option, I bring right back in a New York minute.

Good luck though I have never heard of that happening either.
    10-12-10 06:12 PM
    the thing is that i dont have a receipt could i still get it replaced?
    10-12-10 10:35 PM
    the thing is that i dont have a receipt could i still get it replaced?
    Well if you called in and got ur device in the mail yes you can....just call tech support and tell them your device is not lighting up like normal, and they will ship out a new one.

If you didn't get via mail and purchsed it from the store...still call in tech support and get it replaced.
    10-13-10 12:35 AM
    The store might have the purchase in their system as well depending on the carrier and stuff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:07 AM
    When i replaced my torch i simply went into the store and told them i needed a replacement, they asked what was wrong, told them and they replaced it no questions asked. Only thing i needed to do was give them my cell number and my drivers license.
    10-13-10 06:18 AM
    I just talked to them im with rogers by the way, they said cant do anything without receipt but after their in store 30 day warranty is over they will start sending out refurbished ones guess thats my only option better then what i have.

Thanks guys.
    10-13-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD